Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday, July 5th, 2013



The manicure and pedicure last night were very interesting as they were my first.  Beatriz spent about 45 minutes on each.  I didn’t have anything appropriate to soak my feet in so we just used one of my buckets.  She usually charges 10mil for each which I insisted on giving her.

I went to bed at 11pm, only got up once during the night and finally got up at 6:30am.  I bought a bag of milk at the corner store for my cereal.  Afterwards I worked on my Spanish for a while and then took a nap for an hour.  About 11am I stopped at Jhon’s office and we chatted with his next door neighbor Olga.  I’m surprised by how much English she knows although she is shy to use it.  We took turns telling each other jokes.  I was surprised to hear from Jhon that they have a lot of jokes about nuns, priests, and the Catholic church.  Maybe that’s just because he’s an atheist.

Lunch was the Combo #2 chicken dinner at Frisby in Laureles Mall.  When I finished I ordered a refill of my Pepsi thinking it might be free but I had to pay something around 3 mil for it.  After studying my chess book for a while Dario showed up.  He said he only had time to play a quick game because he had to meet his wife so I put 10 minutes on each clock.  After that game we started another one.  I guess he could just keep playing until his wife showed up.  We played about 5 games and I think I won 4 of them.  I don’t record fast games like that; to me they don’t really count.  When his wife finally showed up it looked to be the same woman I’ve seen before which he said was his friend.  I’m confused unless his wife and friend look very similar.  Anyway she’s a nice looking woman of around 50.

After he left I started going over my book again until another man I’d never met named Hector showed up and we started playing – again without a clock.  He did much better against me – I’d say he won something like 2 out of 2 games.  He asked me about when I come there to play chess so it looks like I’ve got another chess playing friend.

About 5pm I told Hector I didn’t have any more time and I had a mini brochette from SanJote for my dinner.  On the way home I stopped in Exito and priced a few things I’m going to be needing for my waffle maker.  When I got home I took a shower and waited for Beatriz.


She showed up just before 7pm as scheduled.  She was dressed up real nice with more makeup than usual so I put on a nice short-sleeved short, slacks and my deck shoes.  She had on new 3” heels that looked like leather with a leopard cloth pattern.  Very sexy!
 

She showed up just before 7pm as scheduled.  Even though World War Z wasn’t to start until 9:10 we decided to go to the Los Molinos mall early and we’d have a milkshake and then walk around before the movie.  In such cases I always insist on buying the tickets first thing.  We got to the theater by 7:30 and there were 2 lines like queues at Disney world.  About 35 minutes later we had our tickets.  We went next door and had some ice cream until just before 8:30 when we entered the theater and got in line for popcorn and soda.  When we were just about to the front of the line Beatriz told me to quickly get into the line next to us.  It turns out that the line we were in is just to purchase what you want.  Then you take the receipt to the next line and they give you your order.  Beatriz graciously allowed me to order the popcorn with salt and not sugar and my favorite Pepsi.  By then it was almost 9pm so we made a quick trip to the bathroom and entered the theater.  Besides only a couple of coming attractions there was a short about crafts made in Colombia.  Finally the feature film started at 9:30.  I’m not one who usually goes to zombie movies but it was very well done - Beatriz liked it also.  She confided in me that while she would go to movies as a child it’s been a long time since she’s seen one.

I don’t remember how much the ice cream was.  The taxi ride was about 5 mil ($2.63) each way, the movie tickets were 23mil ($12.11) total for preferential (assigned) seating, the large popcorn and large pop were 10,800 ($5.68) which is still a lot cheaper than the US. 

No comments:

Post a Comment