Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday, July 1st, 2013



I went to bed at 10:45 last night and though I got up 3 times during the night for trips to the bathroom was able to get back to sleep right away and I finally got  up at 7:15am.

Judging by how quiet it is I think today must be another holiday so I walked down to the laundry to see if they were open.  From across the street it looked like the main door was open but the gates were closed and I didn’t see anybody there so I’m going to wait until tomorrow to drop off my laundry – bedding and towels.

I took out some cash from the ATM and then bought another box of Fitness cereal with fruits and a bag of milk.

I kept track of all my June expenses in a spreadsheet and my food for the month averaged 34,161 pesos a day or $18.98 a day.  I think that’s pretty cheap considering outside of having cereal most mornings, I eat all my meals out.

It’s time to pay my Federal Taxes.  Last month I set aside 75% of what I owe by transferring it to my Citibank account.  I don’t see my Social Security money in my USAA account yet but if I transferred my Citibank money with what I have left over from last month and the little pension money I’ve received so far I would have enough.  Unfortunately, when I logged into USAA and requested the transfer from Citibank to USAA I got the message that “$450 will be available after 3 business days” which means I don’t have immediate access to all of it right away.  Now I guess I’m back to waiting until I see the Social Security deposit in my account.  I’ve arranged with my accountant to mail her a check made out to the IRS and she’ll send it in for me with a voucher.

Lunch was a Whopper, fries, and Pepsi at Burger King.  I’m not going to continue listing prices on a regular basis.  If there’s something unusual, maybe something I haven’t had before then maybe I’ll make an exception.  I spent the remainder of the afternoon at Mall of Laureles going through my chess course.  Even though it was an overcast day I was in my shorts, t-shirt and sandals which seemed like a mistake from about 4:30 on when it turned cool and rainy.  Dinner was a Frisburrito and strawberry milkshake at Frisby.  One of the workers there spoke English and told me they were giving the Frisby mascot a hard time for losing to me in chess yesterday.

I still don’t see my Social Security deposit.

No comments:

Post a Comment