Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday, July 29th, 2013

I went to bed at 11:00, woke up at 2:20 for a trip to the bathroom, ditto at 4:10, and finally got up at 6:30 feeling pretty good.

For weeks now I’ve been receiving daily “matches” from match.com.  I’m matched to 60-70 year old women that live in northern California.  Either match.com entered my email address accidentally for someone else or someone is playing a joke on me.  Finally, I decided to get serious today about ending it.  I was going to call them but I had the inspiration that I could try to login to “my” account using my email address and then, since I don’t know the password, tell them “I forgot it” and to send it to me or reset it.  Right away I had the problem that when I entered www.match.com it kept redirecting me to co.match.com.  I then went to www.google.com and did a search on match.com and “match.com login” was one of the options.  That led me to the US match.com and I entered my email address and had them send me my password.  The password was 36022 – one I would never have used - and the Username “elliott36022”.  So I was finally able to unsubscribe. 

According to a Note reminder on my iPad the chess book I ordered Chess Strategy for the Tournament Player should be arriving any day now because the check cleared 6 weeks ago on June 17th.

Wow.  I reached a new low in my Rosetta Stone scores.  Level 1 Unit 3 Lesson 1 is Writing and I only scored 28%.  I repeated it and only improved to 33%.  It might take me a while to get through this lesson.  For example, I hear a Spanish speaker say: "La nina tiene un libro pero no lo esta leyendo."  and then I have to write what they said and I get points depending on how accurate I am.  BTW, the letters I highlighted and underlined in that sentence have accent marks above them that I also have to get right.

I took a nap from 10:15 to 11:00am.

Just before noon I walked down to Jhon’s office.  I told him I was going to walk down to Avenida Nutibara and have lunch at McDonald’s for a change.  He decided he needed a change too so he joined me.  My plan was to just keep heading south and east until I hit Nutibara.  But I also wanted to show him the store where I bought my t-shirts.  That worked but we ended up about 2 blocks further southeast than we needed to be.  We each got the Big Mac Combo for 11,500 ($6.05).  I don’t often eat at McDonald’s so I don’t know if that is comparable with US prices or not.  It was much faster getting back to Laureles Mall (LM).  Oh, sorry bro, but I think the Blue Marlin restaurant isn’t open anymore.  In fact we walked a couple of blocks too far northwest so I think next time the quickest thing to do would be to just walk east from Laureles Mall until you come to Avenida Nutibara and then turn right.

To stay cool I had to have a large Pepsi at Frisby for 3,900 ($2.05) that I nursed for a couple hours.  Interestingly I noticed the tax on the Pepsi was only 8% so I guess not everything is taxed at 16%.

I left LM at 5pm and stopped at Exito and bought a box of cereal, a pencil eraser for a book I wrote in, and another package of Trident gum.  I stopped at Jhon’s office and we went for a drink at the corner store.  I just had a mango juice since it’s starting to get a little late in the day.  I asked Jhon if the store sold butter.  He showed me what they had – the smallest is what I would call a stick of butter.  I told him that I needed something smaller because I don’t have a refrigerator.  He told me I didn’t have to worry about that because what it contains won’t spoil.  Hmmm.  Well, at least that could be my butter for my waffles and popcorn.  I left at 6pm for home.

Dinner was a waffle using the leftover milk from this morning.

My plan is to watch The Bachelorette and Under the Dome tonight on USTVNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment