Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013

Last night I went to bed at 11pm and as I was locking up the window and balcony door I noticed Lionel driving into his garage.  I was thinking that now he’ll probably be turning on his radio.  I heard voices so obviously someone was with him but I couldn’t tell if it was a boy (his son) or a woman (his girlfriend).  I probably fell asleep by 11:30 or so. 

This morning I got up at 7:30am and after the usual morning routine I went down to the corner store and bought a bag of milk.  (On my way out I killed a 1 ½ inch cockroach in the downstairs hallway.)  It’s much more pleasant eating my cereal with cold milk.  (Yesterday I noticed many skids of milk at Exito so you know an individual package might sit there a long time.  At the corner store they have a much smaller supply so they probably replenish it several times a week.)

I opened the waffle maker and was happy to see the instructions, besides Spanish, are also in English.

I used the magicJack app on my iPad to call USAA.  The lady said that magicJack only authorized an initial $1 transaction.  She believes there should be no reason for the transaction not to go thru.  She offered to call them for me to settle the matter, which I accepted.  After waiting about 20 minutes I realized we’d been disconnected.  I waited about 20 minutes so she could resolved the issue and then I called back and reached a different representative.   After explaining the situation again, she said that they cannot call out of the building.  She said there is no reason that the transaction shouldn’t go through.  She gave me magicJack’s number which I then called.  The automated operator told me to go to www.magicJack.com and do a live chat.  I did that and after checking the rep said that I should have my brother place the order and there shouldn’t be any problem.   I sent an email to my brother with my USAA account information and asked him to order it for me.

While on the balcony I saw the woman in her burqa playing for a moment with her son.  She’s dressed up today; she’s got a purple burqa covering her black burqa.  Lol.

I got an email answer from my brother.  He had Googled Magic Jack and found that you can buy it in Colombia.  After my dentist visit tomorrow morning, I’m going to stop at Monterrey C.C. and see if I can find it.

I met Jhon at his office at 1:15pm and we walked 12 blocks to Philly Steaks only to find they were closed.  Next time we try going there for lunch we need to call first or else go there for dinner.  We stopped in a small restaurant a couple blocks away and had their lunch of the day for 7mil each.  On the way back we stopped at the corner store and watched the end of the Colombia Korea soccer game.  It ended in a 1-1 tie so then they had a shootout that ended in a 4-4 tie.  So then they had an individual shootout and Korea finally won.  What was interesting is at one point people at the store across the street starting cheering about 5 seconds before we saw Colombia score their 1st goal.  They were watching the game on broadcast TV and we were watching it on cable with the delay.  After that I kept making jokes that I would walk across the street to see how the game is going.

Later for dinner I just had a bowl of cereal.

I was supposed to meet Beatriz at Jhon’s office at 6:30 but after waiting 20 minutes I finally gave up.

I watched some PBS for most of the remainder of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment