Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Despite it taking about an hour to fall asleep last night I felt like I got a good night’s sleep.

At 10:30 I went to the gym alone.  (Teresa was going somewhere with her mother.)  I talked to Jose and learned that the gym is closing (permanently) on March 31st.  He said they are merging with SmartFit and will be in a location by Parque Envigado.  The gym was pretty busy and I couldn’t get to a couple minor exercise machines so I left at 11:30.

I stopped and bought an avocado for 5mil as Teresa requested.
Teresa told me the metro bus doesn’t accept cash anymore (per Laura) so I’ll have to walk to the metro.  I left at 1:05 and at the bottom of the hill I noticed they changed the direction of the street below the library.  At the metro I stopped and talked briefly with a young man selling the Civica cards.  When I told him I wanted one he pointed to a line outside.  I didn’t see the end but didn’t need to as I didn’t have that much time anyway.

At the regular ticket booth I added 600 pesos to one of my old metro cards to get on the metro.

I arrived at Dario’s auto parts store at 1:55.  We played two games and I won both.  For next week he invited me to his building for a tournament starting at 4pm.  He drew a map for me showing that I can take the metro to the Industriales Station and then a MetroPlus (elongated bus) to Los Molinos.  From there he says it’s just a 5 block walk down Carrera 84 to his building.  I’ll probably give that a try once for the experience but I think taking the metro to Aguacatala Station and then a Circular Sur bus might be just as easy.

I made a trip to the restroom in the Aventura mall and then went upstairs and checked out the cell phones for sale in AlKomprar (sp?) but they didn’t have any Apple phones that I could see.

Back at the Envigado station I noticed there was still a line for the Civica cards.  Outside I asked a man if the bus driver took cash and he said yes.  I gave the driver 2mil, he gave me 100 pesos change and then swiped a Civica card he had against the machine.  Well, I guess you can pay cash one way at least.

I got off at the park and stopped at the bakery and bought a churro for 1,400 pesos to treat myself for the 2 wins.  A pretty young woman working there asked me how to say 1,400 in English.  I was so surprised by the question I had to ask her to repeat it twice so I understood exactly what she was asking.

Back at the apt I Googled SmartFit and found an Envigado location at Carrera 41 #38Sur-56.  It looks like its right across the street from Nueva eps.

The epm bill arrived; the gas bill is down from 8,000 pesos last month to 3,000 this month.  The electricity portion is up 2,000 pesos.

We started watching Copycat (6.6) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: I’m in it for the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment