Thursday, July 5, 2018

Wednesday, July 4, 2018


Happy Independence Day!

I understand a lot of the US is going through a heat wave.  Here it's a comfortable lower 80s.

We were out of milk and Teresa needed cash to buy fence posts so I left the apt before breakfast.  At 8:20 there was already a short line outside Exito waiting for it to open at 9am.  There was another short line outside Bancolombia waiting for the lobby to open.  My favorite ATM had an out of service sign on it so I had to use Citibank again.  I stopped at the corner store on my way back and picked up 3 bags of milk.

Laura told me she won’t me joining me for Mercado del Rio today so I left her a little cash so she can buy her lunch.

I left the apt at 12:22.  I figured it would take about 30 minutes to get to Mercado del Rio so I left the apt 8 minutes early hoping to catch a bus.  I gave up at 12:30 and walked down the hill to the metro station.  I got off at the Industriales Station and walked past the Bancolombia buildings and arrived 8 minutes late.  Hmm!  I certainly could have timed that better. 

We walked around both levels as it was Sean’s first time there.  We then split up and each of us ordered what we wanted on the fast food level and met at a back table.  I had the ribs from Piara and ended up with 3 of them to go.

We said goodbye and Jim will let me know what they are up to via Whatsapp.

I retraced my steps to Parque Envigado.  At the large copy center I printed out my brother’s flight itinerary for next January and at the small copy center I printed out more chess notes.

I was back at the apt by 3:15.

Teresa returned at 6:30.  I think another day or two and she should be finished with all the work on the finca.

I checked and saw that Jose Cruz IS playing in this week’s tournament.  Tonight his opponent was ranked 400 points higher (expert level) than him.  Yikes!  I told him I’ll try to catch one of his games this weekend.

T-shirt of the day: Be scared and do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment