Monday, September 10, 2018

Friday, August 31, 2018



Last night I slept well, falling asleep quickly and only getting up once at 5:30.  I fell back asleep finally waking and getting up at 7:45.

Laura called Une again and reported that they said that the damage to the line is serious but it should be fixed at any moment.  I asked her to define “any moment” - today?  This week?  This month?  This year?  Laura said it should be fixed by today or tomorrow.  Ojala!

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.

New movies in Medellin I found last night when I had wifi at Patrick’s: The Mercy is playing at Oviedo at 6pm; Alfa (7.0) is playing at Santafe at 6:30 and Vizcaya at 6:40; Milla 22 (6.1) is playing at Santafe at 7:10 and Oviedo at 7:30.  (New US releases will have to wait until I get internet back again.

After lunch I finished solving (or attempted to solve) the 222 chess puzzles for the second time (cycle #2).  The first time (cycle #1) it took 9 hours and 53 minutes and I solved 161 of the 222 or 73%.  This second time it took 7 hours and 6 minutes and I solved 198 or 89%.

After lunch I took a nap for about 45 minutes.

Still no wifi and there’s no sign of any Une workers outside.
I showed Teresa a review in the newspaper of the new movie Milla 22 (6.1) that opens today and she wants to go.  We’ll see how reasonable the lines are at 7:30 on a Friday night.

We left the apt at 6:15 and I understand Laura will meet us at the theater.  We quickly caught a taxi and were in Oviedo by 6:40. 

I added 50mil to my Cine Colombia card and I bought 3 preferred seats for 15,500 each.  We went downstairs where Teresa bought sandwiches for each of us at Subway for 32mil.  Back upstairs we waited 10 minutes or so then got in line at concessions.  We ordered a medium popcorn, a large soda and 2 small sodas for 24,200.  I had to add about 5mil in cash because my card was a little short of the total.  My balance is now 0 pesos.

I now have something like 35 tickets purchased using my Cine Colombia card.  (The only thing is that when I went back through my blog and totaled up my purchases I can only come up with 31 after tonight.  I guess I’ll have to use that number from now on.)
The movie was good with lots of action although the way they cut the scenes the action seemed a little unbelievable and hard to follow.

After the movie we stopped at Oviedo’s Colpatria ATM.  I had read that some gringo had no problem withdrawing 2 million pesos when it was a Citibank ATM.  I tried to withdraw 1,700,000 to cover most of the 1st of the month expenses but it said it could only give me 800,000.  (I should have taken that much as we will discover tomorrow.)  I figured that now I would just have to use World Remit to send myself cash.  A few minutes later it ocurred to me that I can’t send myself cash if I don’t have internet.  Grrr!
We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.
Still no internet!

Today’s Step Count was 9,016.

Joke of the day
A couple had finally built their dream home, but the contractor had a concern: the placement of a large window by their walk-in shower.  “I’m afraid your neighbors might have a good view of you au naturel,” he said.
My middle-aged wife put him at ease.  “Don’t worry,” she said.  “They’ll only look once.”

No comments:

Post a Comment