Saturday, July 4, 2020

Friday, July 3, 2020


Self-isolation Day 108.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30. I felt like I had a slight headache due to eye strain. It took a while to fall asleep, I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Last night I played 7 games on Chess.com, winning 3 and losing 3. One of the losses again was when I lost my internet connection but this time it was closer to 9pm instead of 9:30.

I left the apt at 8am and completed my usual 30-minute walk. My back felt a little tight and sore but at least it wasn’t painful.

My eyes feel very tired this morning but I don’t want to risk taking Excedrin Migraine because it contains aspirin (which encourages bleeding).

I watched the first 20-minutes of the Today show then laid down for a few minutes. I didn’t fall asleep but I did rest my eyes.

I left the apt just before noon and took a taxi to El Tesoro. Today isn’t my pico y cedula day to be out but the security guard (who speaks English) was satisfied with my explanation of an emergency appointment.

Dr. Rendon took me right away. I gave him my tooth and he said it was a crown and he might have been able to just glue it back in but it was split down one of the sides. Ninety minutes later he had given me a pain killer, cleaned the remaining tooth and taken a new impression. I kidded him a lot about having to bring a sleeping bag here because I can no longer afford my apartment or he would have to give away one of his kids because I couldn’t afford to support a family of 5 any longer.

He gave me a 200mil discount leaving a remainder of 1,400,000 for the crown work. I put 500mil down with the rest due next week when I return to have the work finished.

I took a taxi back to the apt. I was surprised to see vendors on Avenida Poblado selling parcheesi games. I guess another sign that things are slowly getting back to normal.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 9 games to 3.

My left wrist started hurting sometime in the afternoon. Probably my arthritis acting up.

We texted an order to Mu but they responded they are closed this weekend but will return next weekend. We ordered from Go Wings – chicken wings for Teresa and ribs for me.

Some good news on the evening news. It seems the elderly filed some kind of a restraining order that was approved. Now we can go out all day on our pico y cedula days and for 2 hours on the other days. Now I can start a serious walking program.

Today was the 2nd Dia Sin IVA and I understand people had lots of problems trying to make online orders.

It’s almost 8pm and the guy is still walking through the area selling obleas.

Today was another cool day with a high about 80 degrees. Accuweather predicts the same for the next couple weeks so I’m guessing we’re in for more rain or at least a threat of rain.

 

Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, 74, has been hospitalized after testing positive for the coronavirus less than two weeks after attending President Trump's rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

 

George and Kellyanne Conway’s daughter Claudia has become a political commenter in her own right, taking to social media to unleash her logic on the Washington, D.C. establishment. After a series of videos from TikTok were discovered from the young Conway, she started her own Twitter account adding to the chorus of voices speaking out against President Donald Trump.

“if you’re a woman supporting trump, i feel bad for you. you must really hate yourself. lots of internalized misogyny… yikes,” she typed.

 

A Trump replay from April 10th, VP Pence: "Very soon we will have an antibody test that Americans will be able to take to determine whether they ever had the coronavirus." 

The US has 2,697,796 ð 2,748,775 ð 2,805,992 coronavirus cases with 128,061 ð 128,655 ð 129,351 deaths. (Total cases in the US are still increasing.)

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 102,009  ð 106,110 ð 109,505 cases with 3,777deaths.  Medellin has 1,958 ð 2,083 ð 2,198 2,377 cases, an increase of 179 from July 1st to July 2nd. Colombia’s rolling 6-day average of new cases has now plateued. Envigado has a total of 106 cases, an increase of 9 from July 1st to July 2nd.

 

Joke of the day

A bush-pilot drops Bob and Ted, two moose hunters, at a remote lake in Northern Ontario.  He tells them he’ll be back in a week and warns them that his plane won’t be able to take off with more than one moose.

The next week he returns, and sure enough, the hunters have bagged two moose.

The pilot tells them there’s no way they can take off with the two moose.

Ted says, “I don’t know, the pilot last year took off with two moose.”

To which Bob adds, “Yeah, but maybe he wasn’t a total coward!”

Not wanting to be outdone, the pilot loads up everything and they start to move down the lake.

The plane is gathering speed, but the pines on the shore are rapidly approaching.

Finally, the plane gets airborne, but one wing clips the top of a tree.

The plane spins, crashes into the trees, and breaks apart.

Sometime later Ted regains consciousness and begins searching for his buddy.

He finds him, and when he wakes him up Bob asks, “Do you have any idea where we are?”

Ted replies, “I think about 200 yards further than last year."


No comments:

Post a Comment