Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Tuesday, July 7, 2020


Self-isolation Day 112

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, again at 5:45, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. And my back feels good again.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 2 with the white pieces and losing 2 with the black pieces. My new rating is 1289.

I went the same route for my walk this morning. At Otra Parte I memorized the 2nd set of numbers for their delivery service – 875 so now I have 315 857 XXXX. Only thing different this morning is there was work going on in the plaza between Bancolombia and Exito.

Teresa didn’t walk this morning as her legs were aching. I told her not to do too much too soon.

 

New coronavirus cases soared in California over the July Fourth weekend, stressing some hospital systems and leading to the temporary closure of the state capitol building in Sacramento for deep cleaning, officials said on Monday.

 

Teresa went out for a few hours to do something for her Cedula.

 

I beat Teresa today in parchessi 7 games to 6.

A Trump replay from April 13th, Trump claims he can overrule States over ending coronavirus shutdowns.

 

The US has 2,902,359 ð 2,947,732  ð 3,001,585 coronavirus cases with 129,889 ð 130,199  ð 131,134 deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 117,110 ð 120,281 ð 124,494 cases with 4,359 deaths.  Medellin has 2,764 ð 2,932 ð 3,168  ð cases, an increase of 236 from July 5th to July 6th.  Envigado has a total of 125 cases, an increase of 1 from July 5th to July 6th.

 

Joke of the day

An old cowboy sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.

As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him.

She turned to the cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?' He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy..'

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women. When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'

The two sat sipping their coffee in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.'


1 comment:

  1. Terry, I thought you might find this table regarding cost of living in various countries of interest. It is from Numbeo.

    https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp

    ReplyDelete