Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Monday, July 13, 2020


Self-isolation Day 118.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, again at 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 2 and losing 2 and my rating is now 1231.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show. I only have a slight tightness in my lower back but I have a new symptom – an ache in my hips. (I never expected to hit old age without some discomforts.) I took half an Exedrin before leaving the apt. It was 72 degrees and sunny. At Otra Parte I confirmed their cellphone number is 315 875 8937, maybe I’ll even get to use it some day. My hips and back were soon feeling much better. I could see workers had uncovered the plastic pipes outside Bancolombia. I walked past Bartolos and noticed old men drinking their tintos while walking around. I turned down Calle 37 to Avenida Las Vegas and continued my usual route from there, only increasing my route by a couple blocks. I was back at the apt 50 minutes from my start.

Teresa returned at 10:20 and told me the police stopped her in Parque Envigado. They gave her a hard time because today isn’t her pico y cedula day. She told me now we can ONLY leave the apt complex on our pico y cedula day so our exercise is limited to walking around the inside of the complex. She returned with a bottle of alcohol and a spray bottle and she wants me to spray my clothes whenever I return to the apt. Sigh!

 

The novel coronavirus pandemic has now killed more than 566,000 people worldwide.

Over 12.7 million people across the globe have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new respiratory virus, according to data compiled by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. The actual numbers are believed to be much higher due to testing shortages, many unreported cases and suspicions that some governments are hiding or downplaying the scope of their nations' outbreaks.

The United States has become the worst-affected country, with more than 3.2 million diagnosed cases and at least 135,155 deaths.

 

As the GOP reckons with a surge in coronavirus cases in the U.S. while trying to reopen the economy, former White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney argued in a CNBC op-ed Monday that lawmakers “need to realize that the current economic crisis is public-health driven.”

 

"Let me be blunt, too many countries are headed in the wrong direction, the virus remains public enemy number one," WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual briefing from the U.N. agency's headquarters in Geneva.

"If basics are not followed, the only way this pandemic is going to go: it is going to get worse and worse and worse.”

 

 

In reference to Trump’s retweet of former game show host Chuck Woolery, Epidemiologist Anne Rimoin said, “This idea that our president is taking advice from somebody like Chuck Woolery, or promoting these kinds of words from the guy whose biggest claim to fame is being the host of the Love Connection or a name in a Beastie Boys song is just utter insanity.”

 

 

On President Trump’s calls to open schools and White House efforts to discredit Dr. Anthon Fauci, former Education Secretary Arne Duncan said, “The real travesty here is that there is no body count high enough for the president to actually pay attention to science. We could lost another 10,000. We could lose another 50,000. We could lose another 100,000. Nothing would compel him to listen to Dr. Fauci and others who are actually fighting to try and save lives.” Regarding opening schools, Duncan went on to add that Trump ‘doesn’t care whether you live or die.’ MSNBC.

 

 

Dr. Rendon texted me that my crown is ready and we made an appointment for Thursday morning at 9:30. After that I’ll probably make a quick trip to Pricesmart.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 6 games to 5.

On the 7pm news we learned that the Aburra Valley (aka Medellin metropolitan area) is now under total quarantine. I’ll find out later the complete significance of that.

Glenn believes it means that starting this week everyone is quarantined Fridays thru Mondays.

 

A Trump replay from April 21st: The Trump campaign admits the federal government disease control experts became aware of the virus on January 6th.

 

The US has 3,260,551 ð 3,315,363  ð 3,379,906 coronavirus cases with 134,581 ð 134,943  ð 135,402 deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 145,362  ð 150,445 ð 154,277 cases with 5,455 deaths.  Medellin has 3,940 ð 4,506 ð 5,044 cases, an increase of 231 from July 11th to July 13th.  Envigado has a total of 216 cases, an increase of 25 from July 11th to July 13th.

 

Joke of the day

Lucy: “Why do you think we’re put here on earth?”

Charlie Brown: “To make others happy.”

Lucy: “What are the others put here for?”


1 comment:

  1. Terry, for a few years I woke every night several times with pain in my hips, knees and ankles. I started taking a supplement with 1500 mg Glucosamine, 1200 mg Chondroitin, 1000 mg MSM, 100 mg Boswellia Serrata, 100 mg Turmic, 25 mg Hyaluronic Acid combined together. To get these amounts you take three pills. I take two at bedtime and one at breakfast. I had tried several brands with the first three ingredients. The brand with all of them worked much better for me. The brand is "Arzo Nutrition Joint Support Advanced Formula". It is on Amazon. 180 tablets for $19.99. It takes four to six weeks I was told for the stuff to work. But I felt relief in a week and was pain free in less than three weeks.

    Thanks again for the info about Marigold Extract for back problems. Both my mom and myself are free of back pain using it. Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete