Monday, April 25, 2022

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up seven times during the night for trips to the bathroom, finally getting up just before 7am.

I took a Didi to Velvet Café (Carrera 37 #8A-46) arriving at 8:30. They were still setting up tables and chairs when Glenn arrived with Bianca a few minutes later.

Two guys and three gals arrived in shorts and light jerseys with numbers across their chest like they were in some type of race.

Some comments Glenn shared via Whatsapp:

I’ve had some very mediocre breakfasts in Medellin, but we may have a winner. Velvet Café serves waffles almost exclusively.  With little else to worry about, one would think the waffles would be amazing. Okay, at least passable. Nope. How hard is it to make waffles?! I was served 2 waffles with poached eggs thrown on top. One waffle was twice the thickness as the other. Perhaps they were short on batter?  It seems the primary purpose of the eggs was to warm up the waffles since they were served at room temperature. The eggs were over-cooked and rubbery. Presentation earned a BIG F. I practically begged the waiter to serve their special brew coffee hot instead of just above room temp. He could not accommodate and suggested another drink.  Service was awful, though that’s par for the course in Colombia. And the zinger was they fed my sick doggie a treat with my back turned! Hey, would you give candy to someone else’s baby?”

We left about 10:30 and I took a Didi back to the apt.

Teresa left at 3pm to pick up her mother and visit an aunt in Caldas.

My rating is now up to 1584, within striking distance of 1600 again.

I watched ore episodes of The Sopranos.

Teresa returned at 8:45 with a dozen small empanadas for me. I had just had a bowl of granola so I recommended in the future that she call me to warn me not to eat anything as she’s soon returning with food.


 


Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment