Thursday, April 21, 2022

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm without taking an Advil. I got up once at 11:30, again closer to morning, each time quickly falling back asleep after returning to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Btw, I think it rained all night but at least it’s now stopped.

Teresa had already left for a trip to eps. She was concerned about being back in time to make me breakfast but I reminded her I’m having breakfast with Glenn.

By the time I arrived at Los PorteƱos and ordered my breakfast and coffee, Glenn arrived just before 9am. He received Bianca’s test results and there is no problem with her thyroid. He is going to be having some surgery of his own to correct a urinary problem.

We left together and walked north on Avenida Poblado to Otra Parte. He continued on and I crossed the street to Envios Market. For 150,000 pesos I sent the 3 boxes of medicine - and a stone pipe Laura bought for Lenny but forgot to take with her when she left. It should be there by Friday according to Nobraskja.

Teresa informed me her 2pm appt is in Torre Medica (El Tesoro) not Clinica de Medellin. Fearing being there all afternoon I declined her invitation to join her.

I ordered a personal pizza from Papa Johns for my lunch and it arrived in record time of 25 minutes.

Teresa returned by 4pm.

Teresa wanted chicken wings for supper so I placed an order with Rappi for 12 wings from Rocket Wings with sauces on the side. The cost included a delivery charge which supposedly goes to the delivery guy. I also added a tip of 3-4,000 pesos. It was raining by the time the driver arrived so I asked Teresa if I should tip more than usual and she agreed. I gave the driver what was about an additional 4,000 pesos and told the muchacho I was sorry it was so wet out so I added a larger tip. In English he said, “bless you”.

I thought I had just ordered 12 chicken wings but it also came with fries – too much food.

More rain in the evening.

By evening the pain in my thigh/hip was feeling better. I wouldn’t be surprised if the pain is gone by sometime tomorrow. I hope.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment