Saturday, November 21, 2020

Friday, November 20, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up at 2am and 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

I left the apt just after 9am for my walk. I saw the day school a block away was open with kids running around. One girl tried, unsuccessfully, to catch one of 3 chickens. I ran into Marcos outside his apt complex on his way to Mercado Madrid. He told me he talked so someone else at the store where he bought his television and they said since he bought it on November 3rd if no one comes out to fix it by December 3rd he can exchange it for a new one at their store. I saw another day school open with children playing outside. After I completed my usual back streets I walked through La Buena Mesa where I saw workers trimming trees at the corner by Antonio’s Gelato.  I saw workers moving material into the old El Tepito restaurant location. I returned to the apt at 10:15.

Teresa left at 10:30 for her eye doctor appointment.

I left the apt at 12:15 and walked to the mall. I made an ATM withdrawal then went up to Mundoverde where a waitress confirmed they have waffles today. After the usual disinfection procedures, I sat down and looked at their online menu. Huge! I finally found the waffles and each one came with either Nutella or arequipe. I noticed a photo of a waffle with scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice cream with banana and strawberry slices. I pointed to the photo and she wrote it down. Not being very fond of chocolate ice cream I asked if I could get 2 scoops of vanilla. The waitress checked with someone and reported that only as shown in the photo. Okay. When she brought my order there were 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream. I questioned it and she said they didn’t have vanilla. Sigh! The waffle with a café con leche set me back 23,430 pesos (about $7).

I went downstairs and had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. When I left, the streets were wet but luckily It wasn’t raining at the moment. I took a taxi back to the apt.

We had some rain in the afternoon.

I beat Teresa 5 games to 2 in parcheesi. She was not happy. Especially when I make an aggressive move in a game that she considers to be a “bad move”. I do that sometimes just to liven up the game but sometimes it does come back to bite me.

We had more rain in the evening and was raining heavily by the time we went to bed.

 

President Trump told reporters at the White House on Friday that he “won” the 2020 election and that people will “find that out” eventually before leaving the room without offering any evidence for his false claim.

Trump — who lost the Nov. 3 election by a wide margin to Joe Biden — made the inaccurate declaration during an appearance in the White House briefing room that was supposed to be focused on an announcement about lowering prescription drug prices.

“Big pharma ran millions of dollars of negative advertisements against me during the campaign,” Trump said, reading from prepared remarks, before inserting: “which I won, by the way, but you know, we’ll find that out. Almost 74 million votes.”

 

When nearly a half-million motorcycle enthusiasts gathered in South Dakota this summer, health experts worried the gathering would ignite new outbreaks of coronavirus cases. It did, according to a report Friday that looked at cases in neighboring Minnesota.

 

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has certified President-elect Joe Biden's narrow victory in the Peach State, according to a news release.

 

From today, the president now has exactly 2 months left to fuck things up before he leaves office.

 

The US has 11,581,881 ð 11,786,957 ð 11,990,871 coronavirus cases with 250,100+ ð 252,200+ ð 254,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,218,003 ð 1,225,490 ð 1,233,444 cases with 34,929 deaths. Medellin has 113,103 ð 113,882 ð 114,836 cases, an increase of 953 from November 19th to 20th.  Envigado has a total of 9,289 cases, an increase of 90 from November 19th to 20th.

 

Joke of the day

A salesman returns from his assignment in Saudi Arabia, where he went to sell them a new brand of Coca-Cola.

Seeing his crestfallen face, a friend asks him: "Why the long face?"

The salesman replied: "I failed in Saudi-Arabia, the campaign was a total failure."

"Why is that?" Asked the friend, "I thought you had a good campaign running."

"Well, when I got posted there, I was very confident that I would make a great sales pitch to the Saudis. But I had a problem - I didn't speak Arabic, so I planned to convey the meaning of the message with the use of three images:

First poster: A man lying in the hot desert sand in utter exhaustion, he has fainted. 

Second posterThe man is drinking the new Coca-Cola brand.

Third poster: Our man is now totally refreshed and feeling great.

I had these posters pasted all over the place. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing them."

"Terrific! That should have worked!" said the friend.  

"The heck it should have!" said the salesman.  

"Only no one told me they read from right to left!!

1 comment:

  1. Terry, your wrote "From today, the president now has exactly 2 months left to fuck things up before he leaves office." It should have read "to fuck things up even more before he is kicked out of office." :) :)

    ReplyDelete