Thursday, November 5, 2020

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

After breakfast I went back to bed at 8am, rested my eyes but don’t think I slept, and got up at 9:30. Teresa left a few minutes later for an emergency trip to the finca. I understand there was another landslide that has to be taken care of and I will be on my own for lunch.

I left the apt at 10am, walked my usual route then cut through La Buena Mesa to Eduardo Madrid bakery. I wanted to order 3 English muffins but the saleslady said I had to order at least 6. I ordered 6 and they will be ready after 1pm tomorrow. She said they are open until 4pm. I returned to the apt at 11am.

After my cooldown I went to take a shower – no hot water. I changed the 2-D batteries in the on-demand heater and I was back in business.

I left the apt at 1pm and walked to Salpi Jugos for a Cesar salad. As the waiter guided me to a table in back I noticed Charles Turner sitting at a side table. I joined him as he was finishing a large fruit salad. We chatted for the first time in a long time. I had my usual salad and a mango juice.

From there I went to Parva where I had a café con leche while catching up on some news. I received a call from someone asking for Teresa Alzate. In my broken Spanish I told them Teresa was my wife and would it be okay if she called back later. It started raining lightly so I quickly packed up and walked back to the apt.

Jose called me to tell me he won’t be able to meet for chess tomorrow. I told him I wanted to ask him tomorrow about what I’ve been reading - that foreigners here will now be paying more for their health insurance – approximately 5% of their social security payments. He told me he’s now struggling with that exact problem. Apparently, the government isn’t very helpful with explaining and implementing it.

It looks like Biden is going to win the presidency with exactly 270 electoral votes. Of course, Trump will challenge that. (poor sport that he is.)

I finished season 2 of Bosch on Medellin TV.

Teresa called the number I gave her then she informed me that Puro Cuero would bring our new dining room table tomorrow.

We had more rain on and off throughout the evening.

The US has 9,330,572 ð 9,415,620 ð 9,571,938 coronavirus cases with 231,100+ ð 231,900+ ð 234,100+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,093,256 ð 1,099,392 ð 1,108,084 cases with 32,013 deaths. Medellin has 99,977 ð 100,702 ð 101,819 cases, an increase of 1,117 from November 3rd to 4th. Envigado has a total of 7,800 cases, an increase of 127 from November 3rd to 4th. New infections are increasing again.

 

Joke of the day

A man is driving down a deserted stretch of highway when he notices a sign out of the corner of his eye. It reads: 

 

SISTERS OF ST. NORTON

HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION 

10 MILES 

 

He thinks it was just a figment of his imagination and drives on without a second thought. Soon he sees another sign which says: 

 

SISTERS OF ST. NORTON

HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION 

5 MILES 

 

Suddenly, he begins to realize that these signs are for real. Then he drives past a third sign saying: 

 

SISTERS OF ST, NORTON

HOUSE OF PROSTITUTION 

NEXT RIGHT 

 

His curiosity gets the best of him and he pulls into the drive. On the far side of the parking lot is a somber stone building with a small sign next to the door reading: SISTERS OF ST. NORTON.

He climbs the steps and rings the bell. The door is answered by a nun in a long black habit who asks, 

 

"What may we do for you, my son?" 

 

He answers, "I saw your signs along the highway, and was interested in possibly doing business." 

 

"Very well, my son.  Please follow me." 

 

He is led through many winding passages and is soon quite disoriented. The nun stops at a closed door, and tells the man, 

 

"Please knock on this door." 

 

He does as he is told and the door is answered by another nun in a long habit, holding a tin cup. This nun instructs, "Please place $50 in the cup, then go through the large wooden door at the end of this hallway." 

 

He gets $50 out of his wallet and places it in the second nun's cup. He trots eagerly down the hall and slips through the door, pulling it shut behind him. As the door locks behind him, he finds himself back in the parking lot, facing another small sign: 

 

GO IN PEACE 

YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SCREWED 

BY THE SISTERS OF ST. NORTON

No comments:

Post a Comment