Monday, November 16, 2020

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally getting up at 6:30. I had the feeling I wasn’t completely unconscious most of the night so maybe I didn’t get the deep REM sleep that’s so important.

Wow, I think we just went 24 hours without any rain. Could the rainy season finally be over?

I left the apt at 8am. Across the street a couple men were unloading bags of oranges from their van. I asked how much it costs for a bag and was told 10mil per kilogram. At Avenida Las Vegas I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus. I arrived 5 minutes early at Ganso y Castor and Glenn was already there. He said he arrived 10 minutes before 8 and it hadn’t yet opened. James arrived 5 minutes later. We’re tired of our usual waiter being late and messing up our orders so we’re going to try another section of the restaurant where Glenn noticed there is a female server.

 

We all left about 10:30 and I took an Envigado bus to Viva Envigado. I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. When I was there last (Friday?) I left a pencil eraser behind but they returned it to me when I reminded them I lost it. About 1pm I went up to Sport Wings where I had nachos and an iced tea while watching some of the Masters (golf tournament).

I picked up 3 bags of milk and returned to the apt by 2:30. The security guard gave me my mail from yesterday.

NFL GamePass still doesn’t work.

 

It started raining here at 5pm so I guess we’re not going to make 48-hours without rain but it seemed to last only 5 minutes.

Teresa came back at 5:30 and reported that nothing was done because the muchacho was drunk. I said better not to ask him to work after a Saturday night.

We left the apt at 6:45pm and took a taxi to Antica Pizza. On the way I thought I saw large signs on my old gym but it looked like it was still open. We had our usual pizza and returned to the apt by 8pm.

One of my readers notified me that he has 50Mbps Tigo/Une and it costs him 189mil per month.

 

Doctors are calling it quits under stress of the Pandemic. Thousands of medical practices are closing, as doctors and nurses decide to retire early or shift to less intense jobs.

 

According to a report from Breitbart, far-right conservative Ann Coulter told a college crowd that she was happy to see Donald Trump lose to former Vice Presiden Joe Biden, saying another four years of Trump would have been devastating for the country.

Coulter who had a highly-publicized falling out with the president, spoke at the University of Texas at Austin on Thursday night and lashed out at the president saying she likes what he stands for — but can't stand the man.

 

A new study appears to show COVID-19 antibodies were already circulating by September 2019 in Italy, well before the first-known case of the virus, with widespread transmission already present by February 2020 in the country.

 

Iota became the 13th hurricane of the Atlantic season early on Sunday, threatening to bring another dangerous system to Nicaragua and Honduras – both recently battered by a category 4 hurricane, Eta.

 

Confirming a report from earlier in the morning, Assistant Secretary for Health Adm. Brett Giroir told ABC’s This Week that President Trump has not attended a White House coronavirus task force meeting in five months, as the president appears to have stepped away from actively managing the pandemic.

 

Washington state on Sunday announced new coronavirus restrictions, months after suffering the country's first major outbreaks.

We are today in a more dangerous position than we were in March, when our first stay-at-home order was issued," Gov. Jay Inslee said in a news conference. Most of the measures go into effect Monday at midnight and extend through December 14.

 

The COVID-19 pandemic has thrust the obesity epidemic once again into the spotlight, revealing that obesity is no longer a disease that harms just in the long run but one that can have acutely devastating effects. New studies and information confirm doctors’ suspicion that this virus takes advantage of a disease that our current U.S. health care system is unable to get under control.

In most recent news, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 73% of nurses who have been hospitalized from COVID-19 had obesity. In addition, a recent study found that obesity could interfere with the effectiveness of a COVID-19 vaccine.

 

 

The US has 10,728,013 ð 10,818,611 ð 11,050,151 coronavirus cases with 243,300+ ð 244,200+ ð 245,700+ deaths. (Remember back in February when the president said “This is like a flu.  This is like a flu.  It’s a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for.  And we’ll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner…Fifteen, within a couple of days, is going to be down to zero.” Idiot!)

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,182,697 ð 1,191,004 ð 1,198,746 cases with 34,031 deaths. Medellin has 109,989 ð 110,913 ð 111,795 cases, an increase of 882 from November 14th to 15th.  Envigado has a total of 8,943 cases, an increase of 77 from November 14th to 15th. New infections appear to have plateaued again.

 

Joke of the day

As a new, young MD doing his residency in OB, I was quite embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my embarrassment, I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly.

The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing, further embarrassing me.

I looked up from my work and sheepishly said… 'I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?'

She replied with tears running down her cheeks from laughing so hard… “No doctor but the song you were whistling was, ‘I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener.'”

No comments:

Post a Comment