Sunday, November 1, 2020

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30pm, took quite a while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night, was awakened once by a calf cramp, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

The Blogger software was a little funky this morning when I went to do my posting. I hope that’s not going to be a problem in the future.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the bookstore in downtown Envigado where I exchanged paperbacks. At Todo Drogas I bought my medicine for the month. At the paper store I bought 5 plastic envelopes, 3 for Teresa and 2 for me. (My storage box is getting heavy so I’m going to offload some papers to plastic envelopes.)

On my way to Viva Envigado I ran into Martha, Wilson’s girlfriend, and we exchanged hellos. In Viva Envigado I found a long line outside Bancolombia but again I told the guard I only need a cashier and he let me right in. I paid some bills and collected over 2 million pesos in cash. Outside it was a short walk to Av Villas where I quickly paid the apt rent for November. There was a line for the Davavienda ATM so I skipped it. Downstairs I had a café con leche at Todo Fresa. Half an hour later I left and recycled a few batteries at Home Center. I only found 1 person ahead of me for the Davavienda ATM next to Exito. I bought a few things and returned to the apt by taxi.

 

We discussed going to Mayorca but I cautioned her that it would be crowded. (Why is it she only wants to go window shopping on the weekends?)

We discussed going out for dinner but couldn’t choose between pizza or ribs. I actually tossed a coin and it came up pizza but then we considered how dark and cold it is and we feared having to sit outside and eat our pizza on the curb in a cold rain. I called Mu and confirmed they are open for indoor seating. We left the apt just after 7:30. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a taxi to arrive. We had our usual large order of ribs, fries and a Coke each for 97mil. The owner called us a taxi to return to Envigado. Teresa talked to the driver and he showed us $70USD that he got for one of his rides. He says he has a sister working in a clinic in Middletown NY. There were a few drops of rain on the return trip. We were back at the apt just before 9pm with enough ribs for at least 2 more meals.

 

 

The US has 9,017,467 ð 9,078,485 ð 9,163,760 coronavirus cases with 228,600+ ð 229,200+ ð 230,100+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,053,122 ð 1,063,151 ð 1,074,184 cases with 31,314 deaths. Medellin has 95,038 ð 96,571 ð 97,721 cases, an increase of 1,150 from October 30th to 31st. Envigado has a total of 7,267 cases, an increase of 105 from 30th to 31st. New infections continue to increase.

 

Joke of the day

A witch burnt her butt on a candle,

Was mad since it was such a scandal,

   That she jumped on her broom, 

   And zoomed off to her doom,

So fast that she flew off the handle!

1 comment:

  1. I have had problems with Davavienda ATMs. I went in June to one in Cartagena and they offered me peso conversion at the rate of 3500 per dollar which is a poor rate. So I declined but later I was charged around $280. for allegedly withdrawing a million pesos. I complained to Schwab and finally got my money back. Buyer beware.

    ReplyDelete