Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday, July 7th, 2013

I went to bed at 10:30 last night and didn’t wake up until 5am.  6 ½ hours straight - that’s pretty good for me.  It must be because I’m taking my medicine on time - 30 minutes after eating dinner.

Since I got up so early I decided to clean the apartment now instead of waiting until this afternoon when the weather would be warmer.  Now, when I say I’m cleaning the apartment I don’t mean the whole thing – just a couple of rooms each week get swept and then mopped.  Today it’s the 2 extra bedrooms.

I had breakfast at the Golden Palermo Hotel as usual for my Sunday morning.  I didn’t ask about Glenn Monk and I didn’t see him either.  After that I went to Laureles Mall and finished another chapter in my chess book.  No one asked to play a game and I left about 12:40 to go to lunch.  I thought I would go back to my apartment, change clothes then walk what might be about 20 blocks to the Kit Kof Burguer of Laureles.  On the way I ran into Beatriz, dressed up and on her way somewhere.  She said she would meet me at my apartment at 2pm. 

It does seem to be cooler in the afternoon if I keep the windows closed.  I think I’ll try that for a while.  And I can turn on the fan under the “computer table” to keep cooler.

I finally was able to open the clamshell packaging on my magicJack using my Swiss army knife.  At least now I can start reading the directions.  Aarrgghh!  I need a telephone cord to connect the magicJack to my outlet. 

Beatriz came over about 2:15.  Her mother is doing much better.  She said she was very busy yesterday cooking and cleaning the apartment.  We went to Laureles mall and had lunch at SanJote.  I had my usual chicken shish kebab and she had one of the Asadas – with a big chunk of steak.  We also visited both of the pet stores there but they only had cats today, no dogs, which is probably okay as I understand she has 2 cats.  She had to meet a client for a 5pm manicure/pedicure so I had her back at her house by 4:30.  We’re going to meet up again Wednesday night.

I stopped at Exito and bought a new Colgate toothbrush for 10,770 ($5.67) and a 7 meter telephone cord for 5,650 ($2.97) then I went to the corner store to watch the Atletico Nacional soccer game.  I got there about 15 minutes before the start time of 5:30 and got one of the last 2 plastic chairs.

By the time it got near the end there must have been about 50 people there.  I know you can’t stand the suspense so the final score was Atletico Nacional (A/N) 2, Paseo 1.  Near the end of the game I also noticed Olga and her husband sitting a couple of rows behind me.  The biggest cheer of the night was when they announced Itagui had taken a 1-0 lead over Tolima so I guess that must help A/N in the standings.  On the way back to the apartment I heard fireworks in the direction of the Stadium so I guess it was a home game.

I’m trying to watch the new TV Series “Under the Dome” on CBS but I must have logged on too late and can’t get on USTVNOW’s bandwidth.

No comments:

Post a Comment