Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday, July 18th, 2013

Atletico Nacional of Medellin beat Santa Fe of Bogota 2-0 last night.  (I understand this is their 12th time as national champions.)  After that it was nonstop fireworks and the sound of horns honking.  The game was probably over at 9:30pm and it was still going on when I went to bed at 11pm.  At least in the back of the house with the doors closed it was a little quieter – at least until I heard Lionel and a woman talking downstairs.  I woke up several times during the night.  In the morning I heard the woman again – it sounded like she was talking on her cell phone in the backyard so she must have stayed overnight.  I finally got up at 10am feeling much better than if I had gotten up earlier.

Beatriz wants us to spend most of the day together on Saturday.  She wants to meet me at my apartment about 2pm and then we’ll go to a local store to buy fruits so she can make me a fruit salad.  Then at 7pm we’ll meet her daughter and her boyfriend and go to Laureles Mall for ice cream.  The only possible problem with this plan is Jesus is supposed to come over sometime Saturday with the chess table.

On my way to Jhon’s office as I was walking past the Muslim family I noticed the husband sitting outside writing something in a notebook.  I saw a couple of the young boy’s toys on the sidewalk so I tossed them back through the fence and said “for you” in Spanish.  Just then the boy came out and the father tried to get him to say “thank you”.

I met Jhon at his office about 1pm and I went with him to his favorite restaurant so we could talk.  I just had a mango juice as I wasn’t feeling hungry yet.  At 2pm I was at Laureles Mall having another Special Salad.  As soon as I finished Dario showed up and we played 2 games until about 4:30.  Unfortunately I lost both games.  I had him against the ropes in the 2nd game but he slipped away. 

I stopped at Exito and bought a couple things, stopped at the store for a bag of milk and then met Jhon at his office and told him the last of my 1st set of jokes.

At home I made another waffle.  This time I only used ¾ cup of milk with 1 cup of waffle mix and it seemed to come out better.

I’ve been having a problem with one of my email accounts on my iPad.  Anything I send just sits in the Outbox and doesn’t actually get sent.  I finally figured out what the problem was.  A few days ago I changed my password on my laptop but didn’t change it on my iPad. 

When Beatriz was here last night she asked me to take a few pictures of her since she was dressed up.  Here’s what the mystery woman looks like:






I also found out her birthday is February 19th.  Of course she asked me when mine was and when I told her October 6th she got a little nervous because mine comes first and she has no idea what to get me for a present.  I told her I would love some chocolate covered strawberries!  Not only would I love to have some I’m sure it’s something she can find for me without spending a lot of money.
 
I got an email from Reina.  She would like (me) to buy a Atletico Nacional shirt for Angel.  I asked her “how much would it cost”?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment