Monday, May 11, 2020

Sunday, May 10, 2020




Self-isolation Day 54.


Happy Mothers Day!


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 7:30.


At 8am we heard fireworks outside, I suppose in celebration of today being Mother’s Day.


Both China and South Korea reported new spikes in coronavirus cases today, setting off fresh concerns in countries where local outbreaks had been in dramatic decline.



During a phone conversation with ex-members of his administration, Obama said combating the virus would have been bad even for the best of governments, but it’s been “an absolute chaotic disaster” when the mindset of “what’s in it for me” infiltrates government, according to a recording obtained by Yahoo News.



Tom Trump health officials (Anthony Fauci, FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn, CDC director Robert Redfield, and coronavirus testing coordinator Brett Giroir) to testify before Senate on Tuesday by video conference.



I bought Judit Polgar’s Secrets of the Sicilian course and watched the first chapter.



I finished season 1 (20 episodes) of Designated Survivor; now on to season 2. I’m loving it!


As you may recall, I created my own timeline of events related to the Trump administration and its handling of the coronavirus but its still difficult to connect the dots. I found an article in the June 2020 issue of Rolling Stone magazine that does a good job of summarizing what happened (as we know thus far). I will be posting that soon; just hope I don’t get sued by them for plagiarism. Lol.


The US has 1,328,705 coronavirus cases with 79,328 deaths.


Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 11,063 cases with 463 deaths.  No update on the number of Medellin cases.



Joke of the day

A man walks into a bar.

Man: “What’s the Wi-Fi password?

Bartender: “You need to buy a drink first.

Man: “OK, I’ll have a Coke.”

Bartender: “Three dollars.”

Man: “There you go, so what’s the password.”

Bartender: “You need to buy a drink first.  No spaces, all lowercase.”

No comments:

Post a Comment