Friday, May 8, 2020

Thursday, May 7, 2020




Self-isolation Day 51.


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 5am, the hooting started at 5:30 but only last a few minutes, I gave up getting back to sleep and got up at 5:45.



I opened my new Remington hair and beard trimmer and read the little instruction manual.  I put on the largest (#8, 1”) attachment and attacked my hair.  Other than the loose hairs all over my body now I feel much cooler. Of course, Teresa wanted it shorter but at this moment I’m not interested. I then took the #3 attachment and used it to trim my beard and mustache. In the future I think I’ll trim my hair in the morning just before jumping in the shower.


Teresa ordered milk, bananas, and apples delivered and I picked them up at the porteria.


A new study suggests that COVID-19 spread around the world far quicker than originally predicted. French authorities have recently confirmed a case of coronavirus from December 27, almost a month before the country announced its first official case.



The White House has shelved a document created by the CDC that offers guidance to local leaders on how to reopen safely, after determining that it was “overly specific”.



A woman who had accused Dr. Anthony Fauci of sexual assault now claims she was paid to lie about the public health expert by a pair of President Donald Trump’s supporters.



The White House confirmed a personal valet to President Donald Trump tested positive for the coronavirus.  As usual I expect the president will claim he doesn’t know him.



New data from the Trump administration shows few passengers were stopped in initial screenings of international flights from early coronavirus hotspots outside of China.



President Donald Trump likes to boast about how well testing for Covid-19 is going in the United States, saying just this week: "We have the greatest testing in the world. We have so much testing," Trump told reporters on the south lawn of the White House. "I don't think you need that kind of testing or that much testing, but some people disagree with me and some people agree with me."
On Capitol Hill, many Republicans apparently don't agree. A wide range of GOP senators on Thursday had a far different message: Much more needs to be done to ramp up testing before the country can safely reopen.



Unemployment hits 14.7% as US sheds 20,500,000 jobs.


Survey shows 71% of Americans are more worried about reopening too quickly than not opening quickly enough.



I found a series on Netflix that I’m really enjoying called Designated Survivor. I read all the reviews and it sounds like it’s going to be a good 2-year series until Netflix takes it over on the 3rd year and ruins it.  We’ll see. It’s good with lots of action and without the usual needless side stories.


The NFL released their 2020 schedule.


The US has 1,262,065 coronavirus cases with 75,656 deaths.


Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 9,456 cases with 407 deaths. There was no update on the number of Medellin cases.



Joke of the day

I hate it when I see an old person and then realize I went to high school with them.

10 comments:

  1. What about the report from New York where 2/3 of the new cases were from people who were in quarantine? This begs the question, is quarantine or social precautions (masks , distance and density)the best balanced approach? "Spoiler alert" political content, what about the poll that say the public is more confident in President Trump than in Candidate Biden in the "pandemic" issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me the link to that poll. Probably a one-off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://news.yahoo.com/bidens-edge-evaporates-trump-seen-034536884.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump by 11 points in a new national poll of registered voters focused on November's presidential election. The survey from Quinnipiac University shows Biden with 50% to Trump's 39%, up from the 49% to 41% lead Biden held in an April 8 poll by the same university. The survey noted that more than two months into the coronavirus crisis in the U.S., Trump's job approval rating is ticking lower. In an average of national polls from RealClearPolitics, Biden leads Trump by 5.6 points.

      Delete
  4. I certainly hope not. America and the Constitution depend on Trump losing. I have confidence Trump will muck up the coronavirus relief somehow. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a person looks at the opposition candidate, how can they wish him into office?

      Delete
  5. If a person looks at the current officeholder, how can someone not wish for ANYONE else. Hell, I would rather have Pence in office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The current office holder even with their imperfections has put the interests of these United States over the interests of the world in far greater measure than the previous administration and looking at the opposition candidate that would continue to hold true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A narcissist only cares about themself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean Biden?
    See it is all about who is looking for what when they form their opinions about others. Would I have President Trump for a personal friend? The answer is no. Has he over all promoted the interests of these United States? Personality aside, the answer appears to be yes. Remember Lincoln and Theodor Roosevelt were not popular with large segments of the population and villainies-ed by many for their strong personalities.

    ReplyDelete