Thursday, May 7, 2020

Wednesday, May 6, 2020




Self-isolation Day 50.


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once about 4am, took awhile to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.


I left the apt just before 9am and walked to the mall.  I recycled a few pill bottles outside Exito.  I got in a long line leading to the mall.  After a couple minutes I asked the lady in front of me if this line is for the bank.  She replied “no, this line is for ColPensiones. The other line is for the bank.” The other line was much shorter and I was soon next to a security guard.  She took my temperature and showed me that it was 34.5 degrees celsius (94.1F).  I took the escalator up to the 2nd floor to the banking area where I found another long line.  I asked again and was told it was for ColPensiones.  I found a short line outside Bancolombia and got in the back.  A security guard came over and asked me what I needed.  I explained I need to pay for my apt and health insurance.  He talked to someone and soon came back and guided inside the bank.  (Teresa told me later she thinks its because I’m a Senior.)  Everything went quickly after that and I left the bank with my deposit receipts and some cash.


There was no line to enter Exito but they took my temperature again 34.8 as I entered.  First I picked up a couple things for Teresa at the pharmacy and Medipiel. I took photos of a few more less expensive refrigerators to show Teresa. I found a Phillips air dryer, same as Laura’s, but a different model.  The salesman informed me it costs upwards of 800mil and they don’t have any in stock.

I picked up a couple items in Exito and took a taxi back to the apt.



According to the afternoon news, six Colombian departments (states) have no coronavirus cases and will soon be reopening.



Teresa beat me 3 out of 4 again in parcheesi.


About 4pm I went down to the porteria and a delivery man from Envios Market gave me a package. It was my Remington hair & beard trimmer and photos my brother sent me.


During President Trump’s interview with ABC News yesterday, World News Tonight host David Muir asked Trump why he didn’t do more to prepare for the coronavirus outbreak that has now killed more than 70,000 Americans.

“Well, I’ll be honest, uh, I have a lot of things going on,” Trump said. “We had a lot of, uh, people, that refused to allow the country to be successful.”



The Trump campaign is having legal issues with WarnerMedia over a new ad. A lawyer for WarnerMedia, the parent company of CNN, has written a cease-and-desist to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign over a new ad that contains misleading content. 

The ad is called American Comeback and was released on Sunday night. The ad shows many doubting President Trump and then Trump proving them wrong with his first term in the White House. The ad features quick cuts of news coverage. WarnerMedia says that some of this news coverage, pulled from CNN, was misused and it is "false, misleading and deceptive."



Dr. Anthony Fauci, the NIH epidemiologist working alongside the White House, asked an essential question on CNN Monday night. “How many deaths and how much suffering are you willing to accept to get back to what you want to be, some form of normality, sooner rather than later?”



The US has 1,228,764 coronavirus cases with 72,618 deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 8,959 cases with 397 deaths.  Medellin has 294 cases, an increase of 9.



Joke of the day

A news headline you hardly ever see: “Psychic Wins the Lottery Again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment