Monday, April 1, 2024

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

It’s Easter Sunday!

The pavement is wet so obviously we had some rain overnight although I never heard anything.

This morning my thumb feels normal. 😊 Whatever it was, I’m glad it was temporary.

I met Glenn at Olivenza at 9am. We discussed paying with a debit card here and I think I got screwed yesterday. If the “touch payment” option defaults to US dollars it’s to my advantage to always use cash.

I showed Glenn the screenshot that says in the last 3 years the number of Americans collecting SS overseas has increased from 413,000 to 760,000. He commented that people like us won’t be included in that count because SS doesn’t have a foreign address for us.

He's considering changing cardiologists because it’s so hard for him to get response from the one he has now.

He left about 10:45 and I left at 11am.

My iPod worked normally today 😊

Just before 1pm Teresa said she was hungry and asked me to order chicken from Frisby. I did and got an estimated delivery time of 2:15 to 2:30. At 2:15 they cancelled our order and she ended up having one of the leftover ribs.

At 1pm we had a downpour for about 15 minutes.

I watched The Truth vs Alex Jones (7.4) on Medellin TV: it’s hard to believe there are people in this world that are so despicable. I finished Arlington Road (7.2) then watched Out of Darkness (5.6).

Looking at airport transfers there are taxis that take, and prefer, US dollars and Euros over Dominican pesos. Taxis are for a fixed price but ask before you take one.

I asked google if there are restaurants IN the airport and their response was there are restaurants NEAR the airport so I guess the answer is no.

I guess Teresa got antsy cause she wanted to go somewhere for supper. I asked, “where”, and she came up with Olivia I gave her the phone number but no one answered. Then Otra Parte so I gave her the phone number and no answer.

The hotel Grand Bavaro Princess emailed me a form in Spanish to be filled out for each guest. I did it but it was a pain in the butt.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment