Friday, April 26, 2024

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, final waking/getting up at 6am.

Today is the NFL Draft! More specifically, Day #1 of 3.

The ice maker is working again. I see enough cubes for cubed ice but we might have to wait a bit longer (for more weight) for crushed ice.

Playing now in Viva Envigado Cine Colombia is Civil War (7.6) at 1pm, 3:30pm, 6pm, and 8:40p.

Marcos texted me that he sprained his ankle on the treadmill last night so we’re changing our coffee get-together from this morning to tomorrow morning.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall where I printed the computer analysis of our (Jose and I) last 2 chess games in Auros. I bought a blueberry muffin in Starbucks and took it to Urbania. A new waitress spoke to me in English. I reviewed the game analysis, completed my Aimchess tactics for the day, and reviewed the basic opening Jose uses against me when I play the White pieces. I read on Facebook that the California Buffet restaurant closed. I’m not surprised, they had too many offerings and too few customers resulting in cold food.

Teresa called and asked me to buy dishwashing soap before I return to the apt. I left about 11:15, bought the soap and a large carton of eggs and returned to the apt by taxi. I noticed Doyle sitting in the porteria as I walked through.

We had a thunderstorm come through from about 1:15 to 1:45. I hope that’s not going to be a problem tonight for watching the NFL Draft.

2:30 and now we have a downpour which changed to a light drizzle but was over an hour later.

I finally got caught up on my blog. 😊

I sat down about 4:30 and started watching the pre-draft coverage.

At 6pm I took out my bag of peanuts and they still taste fresh. This is the bag my brother brought me back in February and I just put it in a cool dark place until today. I transferred a couple handfuls to a Ziploc bag for Glenn to share.

With the #1 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears selected Caleb Williams, QB, USC. With the #9 pick the Bears chose Rome Odunze, WR, Washington.



I stayed up a few more picks until the Vikings chose J.J. McCarthy with the #11 pick then turned off the TV to start my pre-sleep ritual.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment