Friday, April 19, 2024

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, and woke/got up at 6:15.

We were genuinely surprised to see it was raining but luckily it had stopped by the time we left our room. My ankles are killing me from the walk yesterday.

We had breakfast in the “El Gaucho” buffet nearest to us and the sea. They had fruit, pancakes, waffles, eggs made to order etc. Several employees walk around filling coffee cups and taking drink orders.

On the beach we were lucky to find a vacant “cabana” not sure if that’s the right term, with a couple recliners. I stayed in the shade and Teresa moved in and out of the sun. Not a bad view from here.




I found one of those little lizards, 2”-3” long and was playing with it and catching it in the sand until its tail fell off. Oops! It didn’t seem to be affected by it so I suppose it will grow a new one.

We had the nearby buffet lunch and more sun afterwards.

We learned where the nearby stops are where you can catch the tram.

Surprisingly, Teresa wanted to go for coffee. I stopped a guy on a golf cart to ask and he took us to Cappuccino Cafe and said there was no problem that we weren’t Platinum members.




Inside the small open café we each had a latte and shared a waffle with Nutella and ice cream.

More beach time and we stopped at the massage area and saw how expensive it is. Hard to believe people actually pay that much.



After we cleaned up in our room it was supper back at the main buffet by the lobby.

Back at our room it was hot inside and I couldn’t get the A/C to work no matter which buttons I pushed. Also our safe didn’t appear to work.

I called Guest Services but there was no answer. I called Information and was told a worker would soon arrive. It was now just after 9pm and I knew I couldn’t sleep in this heat. A guy arrived about 5 minutes later and showed me how the A/C control works and I had him set it to 20C. I had him look at the safe and he said it needs new batteries. I can call tomorrow and he’ll come right out and replace them.

We got to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 6:15.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS

1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for the videos!! Much appreciated.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete