Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Monday, April 29, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, final waking/getting up at 6:30.

My right heel was sore when I first got up and started walking and I considered taking an Advil but it soon went away. (The same thing happened to me once or twice last week.) It’s probably due to the long walk to Sao Paolo yesterday. My body is going to have to get used to taking long walks again.

I left the apt with my notebook, cellphone and thermos with ice and walked to Smartfit. I completed my workout with machines but skipped the treadmill. In Los PorteƱos I had a latte while going through my cellphone: I completed my Aimchess tactics for the day and read a couple articles about the Bears

The red squirrel is back, and here you can see how read it is:





I got a good attack against ONEIPAMETATO1453 and he resigned on the 36th move, one moves before getting checkmated, increasing my rating 6 points to 1580.

I left at 11am and returned to the apt beating Teresa by 5 minutes. She walked in the door with a bag of groceries then said she forgot to buy pasta. I commented that we have a real problem if we both have Alzheimer’s. She said she’ll sleep in the church and I’ll sleep in the street. I replied that I get the church.

She suggested we take her mother for lunch to the Dann Carlton for Mother’s Day. Great idea! I got her the number she called and it’s 172mil per person or $133 total. They sent me an email but it was just payment details, nothing about hours or if it’s ala carte (doubt it) or buffet (most likely).

I left the apt at 1pm and took a Didi to the mall. I withdrew 2,000,000 pesos then stopped in Medipiel to buy something Teresa requested. They didn’t know what I was talking about so I put them on the phone with Teresa. They sent me to a new Medipiel location just outside the south entrance. I bought some combo that came in a cute bag for 327mil ($82.50) using my debit card. I asked the employee how many Medipiels there are now in the mall and she replied, “five”. I used the consignacion machine to make payments to Smartfit, my health insurance and Dann Carlton. I paid the epm bill in Exito then took the back elevator up to the 2nd floor. I withdrew another 2,000,000 pesos then went into the bank and paid the apt rent. I tried to get the girl to change my coins for bills but she refused.

I went down to Urbania and had a latte and talked for a while with the girl who speaks English. Her Colombian boyfriend works for a Canadian company and she’s trying to learn English from him.

I left about 4pm and bought a box of pasta and a bunch of bananas in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I informed Teresa I’ve read that eating slightly green bananas reduced the chances of cancer by 80%.

I sent an email to Dann Carlton with my receipt as an attachment.

In the evening I just vegged out and watched TV.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS

 


1 comment:

  1. Terry, after the last few weeks I think you truly deserved a "vegged out and watched TV".
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete