Friday, April 5, 2024

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 5:45.

Btw, I occasionally receive FB (Facebook) friend requests from people I don’t know. If you’re one of my blog readers and want to follow my (boring) life on FB just send me a direct message either there or on my blog and I’ll befriend you.

The Weather Channel is predicting a high today of 76 degrees so I put on pants, shoes and socks, and a t-shirt.

I left the apt at 8:45 and had a café con leche in Parva. Marcos arrived about 9:15 and we talked politics, the NFL draft, exercise and apt rentals. He says he still walks on his treadmill for over an hour but he’s exhausted the rest of the day. I told him he’s abusing his body and he should cut back on that and give himself at least an off day between workouts. I think I finally convinced him. He left at 10am and I left at 11:30.

Teresa decided she wants to change the locks and called a locksmith (Locksmith chapas de puerta in my Contacts and Whatsapp) to make the change. The muchacho was here 5 minutes, changed the deadbolt and gave us 5 keys and the charge was only 140,000 pesos ($37). (I wonder how much this would cost in the US and how long would I have to wait to have it done?)

Teresa informed me her Medipiel package is in the porteria.

I booked an airport transfer to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel for $27.

Teresa asked me to bring her a package of cotton balls if I go out.

I left the apt at 2pm and walked to Los Porteños for a latte. It poured off and on while I was there. I had a couple visitors that didn’t mind getting close to me as long as I didn’t make any quick movements.




I read this article about people with green eyes:



Just one reason my eyes are so tired and why I wear sunglasses when I’m out.

Teresa called and asked me to bring her a pan de queso. There was a lull in the rain so I left about 3:30, bought the cotton in Pasteur and bought 2 palitos de queso in Parva. I found when I returned to the apt Teresa wanted pan not palito. I did bring up her Medipiel package from the porteria so there’s that.

I spent most of the evening switching between CNN, MSNBC News and The Football Network.

I went to bed at 10pm. The next few days I’m going to go to bed earlier each night and hopefully at 8pm Sunday night since we have to get up about 4am on Monday.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment