Sunday, April 7, 2024

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

I received this message from Alicia Matthew on Facebook, “Hello, I know it’s a little weird talking to someone you don’t know, but your personality is adorable and you have a beautiful bright smile. Seeing you in the suggested friend option, I was drawn to your timeline and every message you post is fascinating and worth reading. I will be happy to be your friend and have a friendly conversation with you. I would love to add you so we can be friends, but it would be rude to do so. I hope you don’t mind sending me a friend request. Let’s be friends, best wishes.” Interesting that I’ve received this exact message from “her” before. 😊

At 8:30 I started the Didi request for 7,900 pesos and still arrived 12 minutes early for my 9am haircut appointment. His dog Malu greeted me at the door, I think we’re friends now. During my haircut Daniel announced he’s getting married Friday May 10th and he’ll be closed from the 8th to the 20th. I congratulated him, checked my calendar and my next two haircuts should be on Saturday, May 4th and June 1st so his off days shouldn’t affect me.

I took a Didi to Viva Envigado for 9,000 pesos. I printed my airport transfer in Auros after waiting about 15 minutes in line. I withdrew 2,000,000 pesos from an ATM, then paid our cellphone bills in Claro. Downstairs in Urbania I had a latte while working on my cellphone. Oops, I see my Notes on our airport transfer said our flight arrives at 11:45PM instead of AM.  I left at 11:30, bought a few things in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I checked us in online with Avianca and they sent our boarding passes to my email address.

Teresa informed me Kelley was coming over about 2pm to give her a massage. I left at 1:30 and walked to Parva where I had a latte with a pastel de guayaba.



I received a call from an unknown number and reflexively deleted it. (I usually automatically delete numbers with no name in my contacts because it’s usually spam or Claro trying to sell me something.) Then I remembered my brother Jim was having lunch with my cousin David and my goddaughter Jenni. I quickly added the number to my Contacts list and called him back and talked to my cousin and my goddaughter. I know I haven’t been a very good godfather.



A waitress came over and gifted me a snack. I understood it was a combination of bread, cookie and chocolate chips.



I left at 4:15 and bought a large cup of coconut gelato in Antonio’s for Teresa before hurrying back to the apt.

I chatted with someone from Transfers Punta Cana and got my AM/PM mistake corrected. 😊

I’m missing a padlock so I’ll have to buy another one tomorrow in Decathlon and print our Avianca boarding passes in Auros.

The ice maker isn’t working, the chute must be blocked again. I’ll fix it when we return and I’ll probably have to do it in the future every couple months.

I finished reading The Terminal List by Jack Carr on my Kindle.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment