Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Tuesday, June 9, 2020




Self-isolation Day 84.


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up 3 times during the night (the latest at 6am), finally waking/getting up at 7:30.


Strange! I checked my bank balance and its $217.06 higher than yesterday even though I didn’t make, and didn’t see nor expect, any deposits. Maybe my bank can’t add? I’ll have to call them and find out what’s going on.


Teresa told me she didn’t sleep well last night because of some outside noise so now she wants us to move to another apartment when our lease is up (November?).



I called my bank and apparently GNC didn’t process my payment quickly enough - and I was distracted by another transaction not showing up correctly at the moment I looked. Anyway, both the bank and I now agree on my balance. Strange, according to my email from GNC my order has already shipped. I talked to GNC and the rep didn’t know anything so she made a note. I also complained about their orders “defaulting” to auto-delivery and she changed that for me.



Teresa begged me to play parcheesi again and I beat her 4 games to 3.



Every morning, afternoon, and evening we watch the news hoping that something will change for the better.



According to a new Wall Street Journal-NBC poll released Sunday, 51% of registered voters said they would prefer a Congress controlled by Democrats in 2021, while just 40% preferred a Republican-controlled Congress.



Two new papers published in the journal Nature say that lockdowns put in place to slow the spread of the coronavirus were highly effective, prevented tens of millions of infections and saved millions of lives.



Ronna McDaniel, the Chair of the Republican National Committee, told Fox and Friends that Trump's campaign rallies will be "fully attended" during the pandemic.



U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton, according to Law & Crime’s Matt Naham, has ordered the U.S. Department of Justice to answer questions “regarding certain redactions of the Mueller Report” at a hearing now set for July 20.



In a wide-ranging talk to biotech executives, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci delivered a grim assessment of the devastation wrought around the world by the coronavirus.

Covid-19 is the disease that Dr. Fauci always said would be his “worst nightmare” — a new, highly contagious respiratory infection that causes a significant amount of illness and death.

“In a period of four months, it has devastated the whole world,” Dr. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Tuesday during a conference held by BIO, the Biotechnology Innovation Organization. “And it isn’t over yet.”



D.C. National Guard spokeswoman Brooke Davis told McClatchy DC on Tuesday that members of the 1,300-person D.C. National Guard sent to respond to protests in the nation’s capital have tested positive for the virus, but did not disclose the number of positive tests recorded.



Missouri health officials discovered no new coronavirus cases after two infected hairstylists served dozens of clients at a Great Clips hair salon but know why.

One hairstylist at the Great Clips served 84 clients while symptomatic. The hairstylist infected a coworker, who worked with 56 clients.



I finished reading James Patterson’s The People vs Alex Cross.



A Trump replay from March 10th: Trump, “It will go away.  Just stay calm. It will go away.”

The US has 1,953,138 ð 1,969,787 ð 1,987,855 coronavirus cases with 110,422 ð 110,951 ð 112,123 deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 39,236 ð 40,719 ð 42,078 cases with 1,372 deaths.  Medellin has 649 ð 677 ð 712  cases, an increase of 35 from June 8th to June 9th.



Joke of the day

A woman takes a lover home during the day while her husband is at work…

Her 9-year old son comes home unexpectedly, sees them and hides in the bedroom closet to watch.

The woman's husband also comes home. She puts her lover in the closet, not realizing that the little boy is in there already.

The little boy says, "Dark in here."

The man says, "Yes, it is."

Boy - "I have a baseball."

Man - "That's nice."

Boy - "Want to buy it?"

Man - "No, thanks."

Boy - "My dad's outside."

Man - "OK, how much?"

Boy - "$150"

Man - "Fine, fine, just be quiet."

A few weeks later the husband arrives early again. The lover, now practiced, dives into the closet just in time. He breathes heavily, then hears a sudden rustle behind him.

Boy - "Dark in here."

Man - "Yes, it is."

Boy - "I have a Wilson infielder's glove."

The lover sighs. "How much?"

Boy - "$350"

Man - "Highway robbery. Sold."

A few days later, the father says to the boy, "Grab your glove, let's go outside and have a game of catch."

The boy says, "I can't, I sold my ball and my glove."

The father asks, "How much did you sell them for?"

The boy says, "$500" The father says, "That's terrible to overcharge your friends like that... that is way more than those two things cost. I'm going to take you to church and make you confess your greed."

They go to the church and the father makes the little boy sit in the confession booth with the Priest to confess his sins and he closes the door.

The boy says, "Dark in here."

The priest says, "Don't start that crap again."

No comments:

Post a Comment