Saturday, February 27, 2021

Friday, February 26, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up just before 5am and got up at 6am.

A blog reader from the Dallas area informed me he got 2 weeks behind on reading my blog due to the polar vortex and computer issues (but he’s caught up now).

Marcos said he had sore knees so I went for my walk alone. I left earlier than usual – 7:30. At the tail end I stopped and looked into Mundo Huevo but didn’t see any small bottles of pickle relish, only the Vlasic gallon jug I saw before. Outside San Marcos church a woman asked me if I knew were San Mateo church was. No, I didn’t but later when I checked I saw it was about 6 blocks away in La Mesa. As I returned to the apt at 8:30 Teresa was just leaving. She told me she will call me around noon to meet her in Santafe mall and we’ll have lunch and exchange some clothes at Falabella.

After my cooldown and shower Teresa called me and asked me to put 69,900 pesos in the gym account as her annual maintenance fee is due.

Since it was getting to be late in the morning and the weather had been warming up I put on shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt.

I walked to the mall, withdrew some cash from an ATM then had to wait almost an hour to see a cashier. (They had a new system: instead of printing out your number you scan a QR code and it shows up on your phone. I ended up misplacing it on my phone but thankfully remembered the number.)

Teresa called me and asked me to meet her outside Zara between 12:30 and 1pm.

I bought a few things in Exito then had coffee in Todo Fresa. I left at 12:15, took a taxi to the apt, dropped off some things then took another taxi to Santafe mall arriving at 12:55.

Teresa found a pair of sexy high heels she wanted in Zara for about $50. I asked her where she’s going to wear them since we never go out. She said I need to invite her somewhere so we agreed to celebrate International Women’s Day next weekend at Tony Roma’s in the Dann Carlton hotel.

We had lunch in J&C Delicias.

I felt a little cold in my shorts and sleeveless t-shirt due to the air conditioning in the mall.

In Falabella she found a couple t-shirts for me and a pair of leggings for her. (Sadly, my t-shirts are now XL, the lockdown without being able to go to the gym was not kind to me.)

Traffic was so heavy it took an hour for the taxi to return us to our apt. (I used to walk it in 40-minutes during ciclovia.) Last weekend they had one side of the 20th street bridge fenced off with tarps but now it extends all the way to Sao Paolo mall. Approaching the end of our ride it funnelled down to one lane but after that we made good time.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 0.

I lost to Howex and my rating is now 1466.

 

The US has 28,308,912 ð 28,423,805 ð 28,462,646 coronavirus cases with 503,400+ ð 507,800+ ð 509,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,237,542 ð 2,241,225 ð 2,244,792 cases with 59,260 ð 59,396 ð 59,518 deaths. Medellin has 192,604 ð 192,949 ð 193,245 cases, an increase of 286 from February 25th to 26th. Envigado has a total of 17,345 cases, an increase of 20 from February 25th to 26th.

 

Joke of the day

A firefighter was working on the engine outside the Station when he noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle.

The girl was wearing a firefighter's helmet.  The wagon was being pulled by her dog and her cat.

The firefighter walked over to take a closer look.

"That sure is a nice fire truck," the firefighter said with admiration.

"Thanks," the girl replied.

The firefighter looked a little closer.  The girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles.

"Little partner," the firefighter said, "I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster." The little girl replied thoughtfully, "You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren."

No comments:

Post a Comment