Friday, February 19, 2021

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

We obviously had rain overnight and it’s still a little drippy.

I rescheduled my chess lesson to tomorrow so I can (try to) see the Mars rover landing this afternoon.

I earned a win against nejcik and a draw against Michael and my correspondence rating is now 1467.

At 7:30 Teresa found out her 9am class is actually an 8am class. She left just before 8am and took a taxi to her gym in Parque Envigado.

I found I could narrow the new strap on my sandal by squeezing it with my fingers so now it’s much more comfortable.

I was going to go to Parva for coffee but its such a cold morning I decided I would rather be somewhere inside so instead I walked to the mall.

I recycled a battery at Home Center and a plastic bottle upstairs near the food court. I was the first customer of the day at Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche while reading a magazine. When I left, I made an ATM withdrawal then stopped at the main floor atrium where they were accepting clothing donations. I gave a shirt to a Sabaneta used clothing center. Why did I donate it? It was flannel – strike 1; size small – strike 2; had been sitting in my closet for something like 3 years – strike 3. I doubt Teresa will ever notice it’s missing. I returned to the apt via taxi.

Chess.com had some intermittent server problems today.

I found that what I thought was a 2:15 Mars landing was actually the time when TV coverage begins. I took a nap from 2:30 to 3:30. I went to NASA TV and watched the coverage of the successful landing of Perseverance on the surface of Mars.

Very cool day today, I don’t think we came close to 80 degrees.

The rain started at 5pm, started as a downpour but soon leveled off to just a rainshower finally ending about an hour later.

I came from behind to beat Teresa in parcheesi today 4 games to 3.

Teresa told me there is an apartment available in the building across the street from Parva. I understand we can’t move from here until next November but at least we could look at it to see if it’s something we might be interested in in the future.

I finished reading Ruth Ware’s In a Dark, Dark Wood on my Nook.

 

Mitch McConnell: “There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility, his supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone. His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended.”

 

The US has 27,768,334 ð 27,831,946 ð 27,908,420 coronavirus cases with 486,700+ ð 489,100+ ð 491,500+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,202,598 ð 2,207,701 ð 2,212,525 cases with 57,949 ð 58,134 ð 58,334 deaths. Medellin has 188,906 ð 189,204 ð 189,525 cases, an increase of 325 from February 17th to 18th. Envigado has a total of 17,082 cases, an increase of 52 from February 17th to 18th.


Joke of the day

I didn't like my beard at first.  Then it grew on me.  

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, nothing of the foibles of the current president at all here.

    ReplyDelete