Sunday, February 28, 2021

Saturday, February 27, 2021

 


Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Teresa left early for eps and a gym class.

I lost to nejcik lowering my rating 16 points to 1450.

I left the apt at 9:30 and had coffee at Parva. About 10:30 my cellphone stopped working correctly. I would enter my pin but just got a dimmed screen without seeing the pin entry numbers. I couldn’t restart it. I removed the protective cover but couldn’t figure out how to remove the back to get to the battery. (I thought I could remove it and then it would restart correctly.) I returned to the apt, plugged it into the charger and after a few minutes I was able to restart it and everything was back to normal.

Teresa called me about 11:15 to discuss lunch plans. Being with her mother they didn’t want to walk all the way here to La Buena Mesa. We decided to meet at Wilson’s restaurant between 12:30 and 1pm but she suggested I first pick up a cake from Pepo’s Cake that we can all share.

I left the apt just after noon and walked to Pepo’s Cake. There was a line of 9 ahead of me but it was my turn after only about 5 minutes. I bought a medium strawberry cake for 16mil and walked to Bocados Bar where I had a nice lunch with Teresa and MT. A muchacho came by begging for food so we bought him lunch. After, I went to Viva Envigado where I had coffee at Santa Leña. I walked back to the apt and when I arrived I saw a muchacho delivering a clothes dryer he had strapped to the back of his motorcycle. I understand here in Colombia you can rent them by the hour.

 

The US has 28,423,805 ð 28,462,646 ð 28,542,937 coronavirus cases with 507,800+ ð 509,000+ ð 511,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,241,225 ð 2,244,792 ð 2,248,135 cases with 59,396 ð 59,518 ð 59,660 deaths. Medellin has 192,949 ð 193,245 ð 193,506 cases, an increase of 261 from February 26th to 27th. Envigado has a total of 17,374 cases, an increase of 28 from February 26th to 27th.


Joke of the day

A Doctor Overhears a patient being rude to the staff. After some time passes where the patient, an older gentleman, was yelling and cursing at them, the patient enters the doctor's office.

He immediately complains to the doctor about a cold he has. The doctor simply asks for him to open his mouth. The patient does so irritably. 

The doctor puts in the thermometer and asked the patient to hold it in his mouth for a minute. 

After a few minutes of checking the patient the doctor confirms that he does have a serious cold and recommends medicine and bed rest.

The patient immediately begins once again to complain, this time about the doctor himself. He shoots a steady stream of profanity at the doctor for a few minutes and then takes his leave.

A nurse walks in checking on the doctor to see if he is okay to find him smiling and happy as ever. The nurse becomes confused and asks: "Why are you so happy doctor? That man was a real asshole if you'll pardon me."

The doctor smiles: "I know, that's why I used the correct thermometer."

No comments:

Post a Comment