Monday, March 1, 2021

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3am, read a little, went back to bed at 3:30, catnapped during the remainder of the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Howex resigned our game and my rating increased 11 points to 1461.

I met Glenn with Bianca at the bus stop across from Jumbo at 9am. We took a taxi to Al Alma in the Patio Bonito neigborhood of Pobaldo (Cr. 45 #5-30). Our driver drove so slowly that other cars passed us and even occasionally honked their horns and he coasted to each red light. Not only was he not familiar with our destination he didn’t seem to understand how the street numbering system (Calles & Carreras) worked but we got there. At Al Alma Glenn had a cappuccino, a café Americano and eggs benedict. I had a café con leche (latte) and their crunchy French toast. Neither of our entrees seemed to be cooked sufficiently, there certainly was nothing crunchy about mine. When the waiter brought our bill in included 2 other entrees, another coffee and a bottle of water for 120mil. We finally convinced him of what we ordered and the bill came down to 73mil (but still wrong with an additional café Americano). (We decided next Sunday we would try the Al Alma location in Provenza, just a block from where we first started meeting in Ganso y Castor.) While waiting for our bill to get corrected I used my Uber app for the first time in months and was quoted a price of 10,200 pesos, while a taxi would probably cost about 8mil. When it was time to leave I went to confirm the Uber and now the fare was changed to 20mil. (Why I don’t use Uber!) We walked 2 blocks to Avenida Las Vegas and took a taxi back to Envigado for 8mil. They got out at Jumbo and I got out at McDonald’s because the usual Calle 30 turn was closed for ciclovia.

Only 80 degrees at 1pm.

Just a little after 4pm a downpour started; it’s been a while since we’ve had rain; kind of glad I didn’t go to Parva for coffee.

Nejcik resigned and my new rating is 1462.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 1.

At Laura’s recommendation we watched the first 2 episodes of Behind Her Eyes on Netflix.

 

The US has 28,462,646 ð 28,542,937 ð 28,620,306 coronavirus cases with 509,000+ ð 511,300+ ð 512,800+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,244,792 ð 2,248,135 ð 2,251,690 cases with 59,518 ð 59,660 ð 59,766 deaths. Medellin has 193,245 ð 193,506 ð 193,791 cases, an increase of 281 from February 27th to 28th. Envigado has a total of 17,403 cases, an increase of 29 from February 27th to 28th.

 

Joke of the day

A man and woman were about to "get it on".
He starts to take his shoes and socks off when she cries out,

"Oh wow, what happened to your feet??"

He replies, "Oh that. I had Tolio."

"You mean polio don't you?"

"No. It just infected my toes."

Thinking nothing of it he begins taking off his pants.

"Oh my, what happened to your knee caps?" She asks.

"Oh that. It's nothing. I once had Kneasles."

"Don't you mean measles?" She asks.

"No. The disease only attacked my knees therefore it's called kneasles"

He begins to take off his shorts, she takes a quick look, and can't help but blurt out: "Let me guess, Smallcox?"

No comments:

Post a Comment