Saturday, March 6, 2021

Friday, March 5, 2021

 Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 5:30.

I went for my final walk with Marcos as he leaves next Thursday for Arizona and won’t return until April 11th. I picked up milk and lettuce on my way back to the apt.

Nobraskja texted me that they had 2 documents to deliver to me for 20mil. I told her I would be out until this evening but if she could leave it with the portero I would pay her with my next delivery.

I spent a good part of the morning installing a new version of my Medellin TV service.

I cancelled my chess lesson because Teresa wanted to go to Pricesmart but she spent most of the afternoon napping, then she was afraid of too many people/traffic so we’re going tomorrow right after breakfast.

The portero brought my mail and I reimbursed him the 20mil. I received my March Reader’s Digest and a notification about one of my pensions.

Laura recommended we go to a restaurant with fancy food called Relato in Poblado. Teresa claimed we’ve been there before with my brother and her girlfriend. When she said it was in Manila neighborhood of Poblado I knew she was wrong. I got out the business card for Tagliata and showed it to her so she would finally get it.

I beat Teresa in parchessi today 8 games to 2. I was cool sitting at the table yet she claimed to feel hot so she turned on a fan. It wasn’t really blowing on me directly but during the night of sleep ahead I had a runny nose.

Again, I think we barely hit 80 degrees today.

 

The US has 28,770,996 ð 28,829,662 ð 28,896,498 coronavirus cases with 517,000+ ð 518,700+ ð 520,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,262,646 ð 2,266,211 ð 2,269,582 cases with 60,082 ð 60,189 ð 60,300 deaths. Medellin has 194,561 ð 194,838 ð 195,095 cases, an increase of 256 from March to 4th to 5th. Envigado has a total of 17,542 cases, an increase of 28 from March March to 4th to 5th.

 

Joke of the day

A lady was standing on a street corner waiting for a bus when she happened to notice a weight machine. She fumbled through her purse for a dime and went over to the machine to insert the coin.

Out came a card that said: "You weigh 126 pounds, and in 30 seconds you will pass gas". Sure enough, after 30 seconds, she broke wind. Astonished that the machine was correct, she found another dime and returned to the weight machine.

After inserting the coin, out popped another card that read: "you still weigh 126 pounds and in 30 seconds, a really hot guy will show up and show interest in you."

After another 30 seconds, a muscular blonde, blue-eyed guy emerged out of a nearby alley and beckoned her to go over to him. Seeing as her love life had been quiet for a while, she obliged.

Once she was done being the center of attention, she fumbled through her purse and found another dime.

Feeling like Naomi Campbell closing the Versace show at Paris Fashion Week, she shimmied over to the machine and put it in.

Again, a little card popped out that said:
"You still weigh 126 pounds, and while you were farting and fooling around, you missed your bus".

No comments:

Post a Comment