Monday, March 8, 2021

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night and after that I didn’t sleep well, constantly wiping my runny nose.

I got up at 6:30, took some pills, drank a little hot lemonade, texted Glenn confirming I wouldn’t be meeting him for breakfast, took a shower, stuck some pieces of napkin up my nostrils and went back to bed. It too a little while but I finally fell asleep and woke/got up at 10am.

I know I had a thermometer but darned if I can find it.

I was up about another hour, ate half a bowl of chicken soup Teresa made for me then went back to bed. I quickly fell asleep and woke/got up at 1pm. At least the runny nose has stopped but I’m pretty sure it will start up again in the evening.

Last night I started taking Hidroxicina (Hydroxycin) which the emergency room doctor James Joseph recommended for a cold. Google says, “It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergy symptoms. It also works by decreasing brain activity.” The latter doesn’t sound like something I need.

I had another 1-hour nap.

That was basically how the day went, 30 minutes up and an hour to an hour and a half in bed.

When I got up at 6:30 I was feeling much better. Question now is will I be able to sleep at night.

I had another small bowl of chicken soup.

I finished reading the March Reader’s Digest.

 

The US has 28,896,498 ð 28,969,430 ð 29,010,048 coronavirus cases with 520,700+ ð 523,100+ ð 524,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,269,582 ð 2,273,245 ð 2,276, 656 cases with 60,300 ð 60,412 ð 60,503 deaths. Medellin has 195,095 ð 195,352 195,584 cases, an increase of 280 from March to 6th to 7th. Envigado has a total of 17,597 cases, an increase of 30 from March March to 6th to 7th.

 

Joke of the day

It was my first time visiting Dr. Putz for a colonoscopy. I went into his office for my very first rectal exam. His new blond nurse, Ethel, took me to an examining room. She told me to get undressed and have a seat until the doctor could see me. She said that he would only be a few minutes. After putting on the gown that she gave me I sat down. While waiting I observed there were three items on a stand next to the exam table:

A Tube of K-Y jelly,

A rubber glove

And a beer.

When Dr. Putz finally came in I said, "Look Doc, I'm a little confused. This is my first exam. I know what the K-Y is for, and I know what the glove is for, but can you tell me what the BEER is for?"

At that, Doctor Putz became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the door. He flung the door open and yelled to his new blonde nurse: 

"Damn it, Ethel! I said a BUTT light."

No comments:

Post a Comment