Monday, March 29, 2021

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, got up three times during the night, finally waking at 6:15 and getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn and Bianca at the Avenida Poblado bus stop. We took a taxi to Calle 11 then walked about 4 blocks to the little café called Hija Mia (Calle 11A #43B-9). First we shared an almond croissant with our coffee. Then I had some fresh fruit and granola concoction which seemed like it was swimming in chocolate pudding. Up the street we noticed another café called Seré at Carrera 43B #11-84 the we might try next week. While there we met a young man named Forrest that had a new business installing high speed internet. I understood 1Gig per second to compare to my 50Meg, and at a much lower cost. I also bought a medium sized bottle of crunchy peanut butter made by Mani Bros for 12mil.

We walked up to Seré to have coffee and check it out but there weren’t any outside tables available.

We walked a few blocks to Ganso y Castor but all their outside tables were taken so we went next door and had coffee at Brooklyn RL.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado and they got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I killed an hour upstairs at the food court before ordering chicken from Frisby. There was a line and about a 15-minute wait but my food came pretty quickly and I returned to the apt via taxi.

After lunch I had a nap from about 2-3pm and when I got up I saw the streets were a little wet so we must have had a quick shower.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

We started watching a TV series that Laura recommended called Who Killed Sara?

I was planning on having a blood draw early tomorrow but I mistakenly took my prostate medicine tonight so I guess it will be another day.

 

The US has 30,133,771 ð 30,223,198  ð 30,281,704 coronavirus cases with 546,900+ ð 548,000+ 548,800+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,367,337 ð 2,375,591 ð 2,382,730 cases with 62,640 ð 62,790 ð 62,955 deaths. Medellin has 204,551 ð 205,366 ð 207,568 cases, an increase of 1,169 from March 27th to 28th. Envigado has a total of 18,490 cases, an increase of 74 from March 27th to 28th.

Joke of the day

My neighbor was working in his yard when suddenly a car came crashing through his hedge and ended up on his front lawn. He rushed to help the driver, an elderly lady.

“You appear a bit old to be driving,” he said.

“I am!” She replied proudly. “I’m so old that I don’t even need a license anymore.”

“Really?” he asked skeptically. “And how did you manage that?”

“The last time I went to my doctor,” she explained, “he asked to see my license. Then he said, ‘You won’t be needing this anymore,’ cut it up and threw it away. So I thanked him and drove home!”

No comments:

Post a Comment