Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Monday, March 29, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, got up three times during the night, finally waking at 5am and getting up at 6am.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I went to Exito’s information booth and explained that I wanted to return the bathrobe I had bought. The lady sent me to the Exito Wow! station. There were 3 girls behind the counter doing nothing but one of them directed me to the machine where it gave me a turn number. It appeared on the board a minute later and the girl gave me a credit card for the robe. I went to the nearest cashier where I bought a package of underwear with the credit card.

In the mall I recycled a plastic bottle, withdrew a little cash and had coffee in Todo Fresa.

I left about 10:30 and took a taxi back to the apt.

Jose responded to my text that he won’t be able to play chess tomorrow. He is in the process of getting dental implants and I guess he’s not feeling up to it. Since I’m now free tomorrow I plan to go to Cedimed (alone) to get my blood draw.

We left the apt at 12:15 and arrived at El Tesoro by 12:45. Teresa waited downstairs at O’Cake and I went upstairs to Dr. Rendon’s office. I tapped on the glass door as usual and they asked me to sit in the large waiting room. I called Teresa at 1:45 to inform her I was still in the waiting room and she convinced me to take her to lunch. (Remember they had changed my appointment from 2pm to 1pm.) We were sitting in J&C Delicias at 2:05 when Dr. Rendon texted me. I explained what happened and we agreed I would come back at 3:30 to complete my root canal. I was there by 3:25 and I waited until 3:50 for him to finish with his previous patient. It was 5:10 by the time he finished the root canal.

Teresa exchanged a pajama top at Clonhadas and did some window shopping. I noticed Cinemark theater was open and I tried downloading their app but the only locations that came up were in Bogota so I just uninstalled it.

We had coffee and shared a banana muffin in Starbucks but that was the worst café mocca I’ve ever had.

At 6pm we took a taxi back to the apt and were home in about 35 minutes.

I finished Dean Koontz’s Watchers on my Nook.

About 10pm it occurred to me that maybe the clinic is observing pico y cedula and I won’t be able to get in tomorrow because it will be the 30th and my cedula is odd. I asked Teresa about that and she assured me that they don’t observe pico y cedula.

 

The US has 30,223,198  ð 30,281,704 ð 30,318,445 coronavirus cases with 548,000+ ð 548,800+ ð 549,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,375,591 ð 2,382,730 ð 2,389,779 cases with 62,790 ð 62,955 ð 63,079 deaths. Medellin has 205,366 ð 207,568 ð 208,428 cases, an increase of 859 from March 28th to 29th. Envigado has a total of 18,563 cases, an increase of 73 from March 28th to 29th.

Joke of the day

My friend decided to walk to the edge of the earth to prove that it’s flat. He came around eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment