Thursday, March 4, 2021

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left for my 1-hour walk in a nice cool 65 degrees. I went my usual route and noticed remodeling at one of Teresa’s favorite restaurants, DoSabores.

Surprisingly, Howex resigned our game early increasing my rating to 1477. I won another game vs Michael and my rating is now 1478.

We had dentist appointments today at 1pm and 2pm so we were going to have lunch afterward but Dr. Rendon texted us to come at 1:20 so we left early, had our usual lunch at J&C Delicias and arrived about 5 minutes late for our appointment. I had my cleaning and he checked out the molar area I had trouble with some weeks ago. I didn’t understand all of it but my root appears to be dead next to one of my impacted wisdom teeth so I will need a root canal.

I had an awful coffee at O’Cake Deli for 5,100 pesos while Teresa had her cleaning and some other work done. I paid most of the bill and we have appointments again for next Wednesday afternoon.

In the mall Teresa bought some jeans and a blouse in Zara. Unfortunately, they completed the purchase in dollars instead of pesos which cost me something like 100 pesos per dollar in the exchange rate. She then did some “fantasy shopping” she called it in a couple jewelry stores trying on the smallest earrings I’ve ever seen that cost more than 1 million pesos. We had fancy coffees in Starbucks while sharing a banana muffin. Like Juan Valdez you now use the password on your receipt to access their wifi.

There was no wait for a taxi outside and the driver understood not to take Avenida Poblado so we went out of our way to Avenida Las Vegas but it still took about 50 minutes to return to the apt.

 

The US has 28,657,440 ð 28,700,870 ð 28,770,996 coronavirus cases with 513,900+ ð 515,200+ ð 517,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,255,260 ð 2,259,599 ð 2,262,646 cases with 59,688 ð 59,972 ð 60,082 deaths. Medellin has 194,039 ð 194,295 ð 194,561 cases, an increase of 267 from March 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has a total of 17,484 cases, an increase of 22 from March 2nd to 3rd.

 

Joke of the day

Roger, 88, married Jenny, a beautiful 45-year-old.

Since her new husband is so old, Jenny decides that after their wedding she and Roger should have separate bedrooms, because she was concerned that her new but aged husband may over-exert himself if they spent the entire night together.

After the wedding festivities, Jenny prepares herself for bed and the expected knock on the door.

Sure enough, the knock comes, the door opens and there is Roger, her 88-year-old groom, ready for action. They unite as one.

All goes well, Roger takes leave of his bride, and she prepares to go to sleep.

After a few minutes, Jenny hears another knock on her bedroom door, and it's Roger,

Again he is ready for more "action". Somewhat surprised, Jenny consents for more coupling.

When the newlyweds are done, Roger kisses his bride, bids her a fond good night and leaves.

She is set to go to sleep again, but, aha, you guessed it - Roger is back again, rapping on the door and is as fresh as a 25-year-old, ready for more "action".

And, once more they enjoy each other.

But as Roger gets set to leave again, his young bride says to him, "I am thoroughly impressed that at your age you can perform so well and so often. I have been with guys less than a third of your age who were only good once. You are truly a great lover, Roger."

Roger, somewhat embarrassed, turns to Jenny and says: "You mean I was here before?"

No comments:

Post a Comment