Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, again at 5:30, soon decided I’d better get started with my day and got up at 6am.

I left the apt at 7am and quickly caught a bus outside Smartfit. There were only 6 others on the bus, I expected at that hour it might be nearly full. I got off at Calle 7 and and walked up a block to Cedimed.

I showed my blood order to a girl inside and she took it with my cedula. I took a seat and a few minutes later my name was called. The young man didn’t speak English but I managed to give him all my personal info, pay the expected 180,700 pesos and I understand they will email me the results.

I sat down again and my name was called again a few minutes later. The Phlebotomist (sp?) took me to a back area where she asked me a series of questions (lol); I didn’t understand a lot but I told her most of the medications I’m taking. She quickly and painlessly took a single vial of blood and it took an extra bandaid to get the bleeding under control. I understand partial results will be ready tomorrow and the remainder next week.

I went outside to their cafe Il Capuccino and it appeared they didn’t have much more than coffee and pastries. I walked up to the next café called Boulevard. I was happy to see calentado on their menu so I ordered it with eggs but they lady said they don’t have calentado so I left.

I walked across the street and tried the ATM hoping it would give me all 20s like before the pandemic but no, mostly 50s.

Outside I caught a taxi to Viva Envigado where I had my usual breakfast at Habia Una Vez. Upstairs I had coffee at Santa Leña. Trey, from Galviston, Texas soon arrived and we talked a little more. He’s been here 3 weeks visiting his younger brother Skyler. He was interested in hearing about cafes that I’ve tried here for breakfast. He soon moved back to his table as he had a 10am meeting on his computer.

Teresa called me and asked me to pick up tomatoes, lettuce, and plantain on my way back to the apt. I noticed they were checking cedulas before entering Exito so I didn’t even try to enter. I had the taxi driver drop me off at the little grocery store next to Asados Rogelio in La Buena Mesa. Finding tomatoes was no problem but no ripe plantain and the lettuce wasn’t her favorite crispa. I bought a ripe avocado from a guy outside our apt complex for 4mil on my way back.

On the afternoon news I understood Medellin is now under curfew from 5pm to 5am at least for holy week.

Juan Castro texted me that they have a power problem so we won’t be able to have a lesson today.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 1.

Medellin Guru confirmed that Medellin (as well as all of Antioquia) is under curfew until April 6th due to an increase in ICU occupancy.

Well, we hit the upper 80s today and it’s been 2-3 days without rain. Hope I’m not jinxing myself.

 

The US has 30,281,704 ð 30,318,445 ð 30,388,472 coronavirus cases with 548,800+ ð 549,000+ ð 550,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,382,730 ð 2,389,779 ð 2,397,731 cases with 62,955 ð 63,079 ð 63,255 deaths. Medellin has 205,366 ð 207,568 ð 208,428 cases, an increase of 1,394 from March 29th to 30th. Envigado has a total of 18,736 cases, an increase of 172 from March 29th to 30th. Again, the Medellin total cases didn’t change for some reason but the change did.

Joke of the day

To the person who brought multigrain chips to the party – you could have just said you didn’t want to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment