Saturday, March 20, 2021

Friday, March 19, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up at 4am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 5am and read for awhile, went back to bed at 5:30, took awhile to fall back asleep, finally getting up at 8am.

Teresa has a 9am gym class followed by a doctor’s appointment in El Tesoro and I’m on my own for breakfast and lunch so I made arrangements to meet Glenn for lunch.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the mall. I wasn’t very hungry so I just had an almond croissant with a café con leche in Santa Leña. I did check their menu for the first time and it appears they have calentado and a variety of egg dishes. I left at 11am and walked back to the apt.

At noon I changed into shorts and sleeveless t-shirt and left the apt in a comfortable 76 degrees. I met Glenn and Bianca at the bus stop opposite Jumbo. We walked north along Avenida Las Vegas looking for the burger place I thought I saw next to a Nissan dealership. At the corner where I thought it was was a Hyundai dealership. Another block was a Citroen & Suzuki dealership. A couple more blocks, almost to the Aguacatala bridge was the Nissan dealership with Medellin Burger Company next to it. It was about a 15-minute walk to the bus stop and another 15 minutes to the restaurant. We got one of the last tables - near the entrance. Their menu was mainly burgers but they also had St.Louis ribs and a Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich. We each ordered the American burger with rustic fries and I also had a regular Pepsi. Service was good, our burgers were cooked perfectly, and the Brioche buns were fresh and tasty. The music was all American, mostly oldies that I recognized. The bill came to about 22mil each. Not bad!

From there we walked to LasTres the cafe across from the dog park for coffee. Near the end of our visit an American couple with what appeared to be a Colombian tour guide/translator sat down at the table behind us. Glenn noticed on his Accuweather app that rain was expected at 3pm so we left. I could see dark clouds overhead as I returned to the apt but nothing came of it.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 2.

I suggested to Teresa we order ribs from Mu. Using Whatsapp it went quicker than the last time we ordered 5 weeks ago. I was told to expect them to arrive in 35 minutes and darned if that wasn’t when they arrived. Good thing they came by moto because cars would have been backed up for quite some time. Teresa had 3 ribs and I had 1 rib with half the fries.

About 9:30 I noticed it was raining.

 

The US has 29,601,700 ð 29,658,824 ð 29,720,510 coronavirus cases with 537,000+ ð 538,100+ ð 539,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,314,154 ð 2,319,293 ð 2,324,426 cases with 61,498 ð 61,636 ð 61,771 deaths. Medellin has 199,257 ð 199,780 ð 200,350 cases, an increase of 576 from March to 18th to 19th. Envigado has a total of 17,984 cases, an increase of 53 from March to 18th to 19th.

Joke of the day

A customer at our coffee shop said, “Imagine a hot veggie smoothie.” I’m wondering how to break it to her that soup exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment