Monday, March 22, 2021

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:15 (on a clear night), got up once at 1am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 8am in 64 degrees and arrived at the Avenida Poblado bus stop at 8:15 but Glenn and Bianca were nowhere to be seen. I texted him and he was waiting for me at the Avenida Las Vegas bus stop; seems he read my text reminder from 2-3 days ago. They arrived 10 minutes later and we took a taxi to D’Andre Restaurant Café at Carrera 37 #10-15, right next to Pizza Hut. We got one of the outside tables and the restaurant got bonus points right away by bringing napkins, silverware, and ground pepper without our having to ask for it. They had a number of things on their menu I wanted to try but for today I had the huevos rancheros which, with 2 slices of sourdough toast, were pretty good. Glenn enjoyed his eggs benedict which he said were only slightly undercooked. Being in “gringolandia” we could see/hear gringos at a couple of nearby tables. Service was good and the total came to less than 30mil each. From there we walked the 3 blocks to Pergamino Café #2 where we split an almond croissant with our coffee. We walked about 10 blocks mostly downhill to Hija Mia at Calle 11A #43B-9. It was a small café with an interesting menu although when I googled it later they seem to have an obsession with peanut butter. We would probably have to get there early for an outside table.

We walked back to Calle 10A where we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to McDonald’s. While in slow traffic Teresa called and asked me to pick up Frisby chicken for her so I continued on to Viva Envigado. At the corner where Herman sells OJ they were rerouting ciclovia from one side of the road to the other which was probably what slowed down traffic so much. I picked up chicken and returned to the apt via taxi.

I joined her for some of the chicken for lunch saving the ribs for later.

Teresa left about 2:30 to take her mother shopping. She called about 30 minutes later to tell me to wait (she hadn’t taken her keys) as she was returning because her mother didn’t feel well.

When she returned I was ready to leave for Parva for coffee but she begged me to stay to play parcheesi because she didn’t want to be alone and bored.

I beat her in parcheesi 6 games to 1.

It was just before 6:30 that I noticed it was raining, and after such a lovely, clear morning.

I finished reading Dean Koontz’ Phantoms on my Nook.

 

The US has 29,720,510 ð 29,782,853 ð 29,825,308 coronavirus cases with 539,900+ ð 541,000+ ð 541,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,324,426 ð 2,331,187 ð 2,337,150 cases with 61,771 ð 61,907  ð 62,028 deaths. Medellin has 200,350 ð 200,997  ð 201,888 cases, an increase of 691 from March 20th to 21st. Envigado has a total of 18,124 cases, an increase of 68 from March 20th to 21st.

Joke of the day

A husband and wife are playing a trivia game. “How did you know there are seven rays on the Statue of Liberty’s crown?” she asks. “Easy – the seven original colonies!”

No comments:

Post a Comment