Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 8am in my jeans and t-shirt in 68-degree weather. It was a comfortable walk to the park and I was glad to see Carbon de Leña open. It had been quite some time since I’ve been there (probably before the pandemic) and they had their inside tables spread out more than normal. I had their calentado with scrambled eggs and coffee for 9,500 pesos and it was more delicious than I remember.

I walked to Parva where I had coffee outside while reading one of my American Chess magazines.

I returned to the apt and was washing my hands and only a dribble of water was coming out. I called Teresa and without paying attention she said I just need to set it like so. Then he saw that it was still only coming out slowly and by the time she returned control to me I didn’t have any water to rinse my hands. (Maybe this is what washcloths are made for; an inside joke.)

Nejcik resigned our game and my rating is now 1463.

I made arrangements for lunch with Glenn.

Teresa left about 11am for her 12:15 appointment downtown Medellin. I left at 12:15 and met Glenn outside Otra Parte. We walked to La Casita Parilla where we had a nice lunch. He had the chicken breast with a glass of water and I tried their solomito (steak) with a mango juice. I was surprised the steak was tasty and not tough at all. We walked back to Otra Parte where we had coffee with dessert. Since it was getting a little cloudy he predicted we would have rain by 5pm. When I later said it was getting cloudier he changed his prediction to 4pm. At 3:15 it started raining, we quickly paid the bill and left.

By carefully choosing which side of the street to walk on, with its tree cover, I managed to return to the apt without getting very wet.

Howex agreed to a draw in our game increasing my rating to 1465.

While Teresa isn’t here I gave myself a haircut.

Teresa called me just before 5pm. She said she was in Parva with Esmeralda and Alejandro. They’re going to Viva Envigado to look for pants for Alejandro and later Teresa will call me and we’ll have ice cream at Crepes & Waffles.

I won another game against Michael raising my rating to 1467.

Teresa called me to tell me not to come to Viva Envigado because it’s raining too hard.

Teresa called me just before 7pm and asked me if I wanted to join them. I told her to give me 25 minutes and I would meet them at the main entrance. We went up to the restaurant area called Bistro and after getting in a line for Crepes & Waffles Teresa decided she was too hungry to wait so we got an immediate table in Sarku’s. We all got the chicken terimacki (sp?) except Alejandro got some fancy sushi box.

They drove us back to our apt and I started my 2-hour preparation for sleep.

 

The US has 28,620,306 ð 28,657,440 ð 28,700,870 coronavirus cases with 512,800+ ð 513,900+ ð 515,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,251,690 ð 2,255,260 ð 2,259,599 cases with 59,766 ð 59,688 ð 59,972 deaths. Medellin has 193,791 ð 194,039 ð 194,295 cases, an increase of 256 from March 1st to 2nd. Envigado has a total of 17,462 cases, an increase of 19 from March 1st to 2nd.

 

Joke of the day

Two Texas farmers, Jim and Bob are sitting in a bar, enjoying beers.

Jim turns to Bob, and says, "You know what, I'm going to go to college!" He then leaves the bar and makes his way over to the local college. He is met with the Dean of Administration, who is explaining to Jim what classes he is going to take.

"Alright, Jim. You are going to take 4 classes," the Dean says. "English, Math, Science, and Logic."

"Logic?" Jim asks. "What the hell is that?"

"Here, I'll give you an example. Do you own a weed wacker?"

Proudly, Jim responded, "Yes, I do."

"Well, if you own a weed wacker, then logically speaking you own a lawn," the Dean said.

"Yes, yes I do have a lawn!"

"Well, if you have a lawn, then logically speaking you own a house."

"Yes, yes I do have a house!"

"And if you have a house, then logically speaking you have a family."

"Yes, yes I do have a family!"

"And if you have a family, then logically speaking you have a wife. And if you have a wife, then logically speaking you're heterosexual."

"Yes, yes I do have a wife and I am heterosexual! Wow, I can't believe you found out all of that just because you knew I had a weed wacker!" Jim exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's what logic is," the Dean responded. Jim excitedly went back to the bar, awaited by Bob.

"Bob, I'm taking 4 classes in college. English, Math, Science, and Logic," Jim told Bob.

"Logic?" Bob asks. "What the hell is that?"

"Here, I'll give you an example. Do you own a weed wacker?"

"No."

"Then you're gay."

No comments:

Post a Comment