Sunday, March 28, 2021

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, got up once about 12:30am, again at 3:45, took a little while to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Something strange is happening with my USAA checking account. A few weeks ago I noticed a $153.49 “ATM Adjustment Credit” to my account. Then this month when I make a withdrawal from an ATM with an additional ATM fee I get a same day ATM Rebate instead of an end of the month combined rebate. Now I’m seeing my purchases with a small credit instead of the usual 1% foreign transaction fee.

Teresa left at 7am for eps, the gym, then Santafe mall with a friend. She said she will call me later and I can join her at the mall for lunch.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to Parque Envigado.  First I looked in Exito to see if they had any robes. Nope. I had breakfast in Carbon de Leña which took me up to almost 9am. Across the street at the copy center I had some pages printed and bought 5 more cash envelopes. I walked 2 blocks to the used bookstore only to find it closed at 9:15. I’m beginning to think they open a little later on Saturdays. I tested my new debit card by making a small ATM withdrawal. I returned to La Buena Mesa where I had a café con leche at Parva and they gave me a free bag of sugar cookies. I know they are basically tasteless, so I gifted them to our porteros upon returning to the apt.

Teresa called me at noon and told me she’s returning to the apt but I should have lunch out on my own. I walked to the mall and had nachos and a Coke in Sport Wings. After, I went downstairs but all the table were taken at Todo Fresa so I got a table in Santa Leña.

I was playing a close game with MobileLegend and by the 80th move I thought I could force a draw. There was one move I told myself I couldn’t make because it would be a sure loss. Darned if I didn’t make it a couple moves later. Sigh! That cost me 8 rating points.

At 3pm I left and picked up a couple bags of milk in Exito and returned to the apt via taxi. (I had looked in a different area and found a robe but upon returning to the apt it turns out it’s the same size.)

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

Teresa suggested we go for pizza tonight but she was concerned about rain. I checked the sky and it certainly looked clear to me. She washed her hair then said we had to wait until 8:30 for it to dry. I told her I didn’t want to eat that late then she got the great idea to order from McDonald’s. It took a while for me to get the order straight in the iFood app then it wouldn’t accept my debit card info. I tried several times to get it to save my new expiration date and CVC number but was unsuccessful. Finally, I got it to accept cash but it says it won’t be delivered for an hour. It's only 0.2 kilometers away so I certainly hope it arrives faster than that. It arrived 16 minutes after I placed the order.

After we finished eating, I figured out how to delete the old card information and put in new information.

 

The US has 30,055,46 ð 30,133,771 ð 30,223,198 coronavirus cases with 545,300+ ð 546,900+ ð 548,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,359,942  ð 2,367,337 ð 2,375,591 cases with 62,519  ð 62,640 ð 62,790 deaths. Medellin has 203,885  ð 204,551  ð 205,366 cases, an increase of 1,032 from March 26th to 27th. Envigado has a total of 18,330 cases, an increase of 86 from March 26th to 27th. (The numbers don’t jive. I think the increases are probably correct but the totals themselves didn’t change from the day before.)

Joke of the day

I signed up for a Zoom workout class that was too advanced. So when the instructor said, “Do a plank and bring your knee to the opposite elbow,” I did a modified version where I turned off my computer and made pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment