Friday, March 26, 2021

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, fell back asleep quickly and was finally woken by Teresa at 7:15. I think she thought I was meeting someone early for breakfast

Teresa left at 7:45 for gym class.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to the mall. I went upstairs to Santa Leña and they were just opening. I had a problem scanning their QR code for a menu but a waitress brought me a paper copy - in English. I ordered the 3 slices of French toast with fresh fruit and a café con leche which was pretty good and very filling.

In Exito I looked for a large men’s robe but everything was either women’s or unica (one size fits all) so I just left with my medium robe. I’m going to check the Exito in Parque Envigado and if they don’t have one then I’ll have Teresa help me with my refund.

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa until 11am. In Exito I picked up 2 bags of milk and a bag of croutons. As I was leaving I ran into Teresa with a friend. She told me they’re going to the bank and I should have lunch by myself.

Back at the apt she called me at noon and asked me to meet her for lunch at Asados Rogelio. Walking the last block I was asked by a muchacho carrying a bucket if I wanted to buy strawberries. I responded “no” and kept on walking even though he started asking me in English.

At the restaurant I kept an eye out for the muchacho and when he arrived I asked Teresa if she wanted to buy strawberries. I heard him offer the remainder for 50mil which then changed to 40mil. Teresa said he lives in Santa Elena and I would be contributing to the economy so I bought them for 40mil.

Nobraskja texted me that I have a package. I told her I’ll be here all afternoon and I have the cash to pay right away.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro. In the middle of my lesson, while Teresa was taking a nap, a portero stopped by and I understood my mail had arrived. I gave him 130mil and he soon returned with my package: a new chess book, Issue #19 of American Chess Magazine, and my new debit cards.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

My USAA checking account used to reimburse ATM fees at the end of the month but it’s becoming obvious they now reimburse them the fee the same day.

 

The US has 29,923,751 ð 30,007,253  ð 30,055,469 coronavirus cases with 543,000+  ð 544,400+ 545,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,347,224  ð 2,353,210  ð 2,359,942 cases with 62,274  ð 62,394  ð 62,519 deaths. Medellin has 203,206  ð 203,885  ð 204,551 cases, an increase of 666 from March 24th to 25th. Envigado has a total of 18,290 cases, an increase of 38 from March 24th to 25th.

Joke of the day

“How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb? One, but it takes a long, long time, and the bulb must want to change.”

No comments:

Post a Comment