Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Monday, March 1, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Time to pay the bills.

Teresa told me she’s going to the gym and afterward she’s meeting a friend in Santafe mall and she’s going to exchange (or return) her leggings so I’m on my own for lunch.

I left the apt at 8:30 and dressed in jeans and t-shirt walked to Parque Envigado. I bought my L-Arginina at the tienda naturista and my monthly medications at Todo Drogas. I arrived at the used bookstore at 9:15 and was happy they were open. I exchanged my paperback for a hardcover for 5mil. I walked down the hill to Viva Envigado. I was given disinfectant gel as I entered but they no longer had the automatic temperature machine set up.

Upstairs I quickly got my number for Bancolombia but had a 45-minute wait for my turn. I paid my usual 1st of the month bills but couldn’t find my info for Teresa’s gym payment which means I’ll have to come back. Sigh!

I went downstairs for coffee at Todo Fresa. I left about 12:30 and took a taxi back to the apt. I dropped off some things, made up a new info page for the gym payment, and returned to Viva Envigado by taxi.

While having lunch at Sarku’s I heard English at the table behind me. As I was paying my bill I learned the young lady is from Canada and the young man from Switzerland.

I went up to Bancolombia and got my new number and sat down inside for what looked like another long wait. It suddenly occurred to me that, since I already have my cash, I could pay using one of the Consignacion machines outside. I got in a short line and when it was my turn it asked if the account was ahorros (savings) or corriente (checking). I guessed checking and it told me the account number was invalid. I tried again with savings and this time it went through.

I went to Santa Leña for coffee where Teresa later called me to inform me she’s still at Santafe mall.

Jose called me to inform me he’s feeling better but they are having company tomorrow so we won’t be playing.

Teresa was back at the apt when I returned.

At 5:58pm we were sitting at the dining room table playing parcheesi when we experienced a strong tremblor. First time I’ve experienced one so strong. It really shook us. Teresa soon showed me a crack in the wall near our front door and another just outside. Remember walls here are made with something like plaster not wallboard.

We tied in parcheesi today 2 games to 2.

At 8:15 I noticed it was raining.

 

The US has 28,542,937 ð 28,620,306 ð 28,657,440 coronavirus cases with 511,300+ ð 512,800+ ð 513,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,248,135 ð 2,251,690 ð 2,255,260 cases with 59,660 ð 59,766 ð 59,688 deaths. Medellin has 193,506 ð 193,791 ð 194,039 cases, an increase of 249 from February 28th to March 1st. Envigado has a total of 17,443 cases, an increase of 40 from February 28th to March 1st.

 

Joke of the day

A passenger in a taxi heading for the airport leaned over to ask the driver a question and gently tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb and stopped just inches from a large plate glass window. For a few moments everything was silent in the cab. Then, the shaking driver said "Are you OK? I'm so sorry, but you scared the living daylights out of me."

The badly shaken passenger apologized to the driver and said, "I didn't realize that a mere tap on the shoulder would startle someone so badly."

The driver replied, "No, no, I'm the one who is sorry, it's entirely my fault. Today is my very first day driving a cab. I've been driving a hearse for the last 25 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment