Monday, February 1, 2021

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, slept throught the night, waking/getting up at 6am. That was a perfect night’s sleep, despite the fact I had a 250ml regular Coke with my fried chicken last night.

Teresa is trying to reach the renters at the finca and if she’s successful she’ll make a trip there today.

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn and Bianca at the usual bus stop. (It didn’t seem like ciclovia was going on today.) We had our usual breakfast at Ganso y Castor then we shared a taxi back to Envigado. Ciclovia was going on on Avenida Las Vegas, I wonder why the change from Avenida Poblado. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I recycled a Coke bottle then had coffee at Todo Fresa and I returned to the apt via taxi.

I called Teresa about 1pm but there was no answer so I ordered ribs from Go Wings. The ribs were only so-so and I’m getting tired of their wet coleslaw so next time I’ll change up my order. Teresa soon returned and she had leftover chicken.

About 7pm for supper Teresa suggested we go for pizza. I questioned whether they would be open on a Sunday. We had the portero call for a taxi and after a 10-minute wait we were on our way. I noticed the Envigado’s beautiful Christmas decorations were not just still up but illuminated. There was a line at Antica Pizza so we had about a 20-minute wait for a table. In the meantime, a small boy was jumping around on the concrete stairs and he must have fallen as I suddenly heard a wail and his father swooped in and picked him up. They soon got some ice on the bump on his head from the restaurant. We had our usual pizza and drinks inside and were back at the apt by 9pm.

 

The US has 25,957,463 ð 26,033,190 ð 26,216,627 coronavirus cases with 436,400+ ð 437,800+ ð 441,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,077,633 ð 2,086,806 ð 2,094,884 cases with 53,284 ð 53,650 ð 53,983 deaths. Medellin has 181,297 ð 181,964 ð 182,695 cases, an increase of 631 from January 30th to 31st.  Envigado has a total of 16,505 cases, an increase of 43 from January 30th to 31st.  Colombia, with their nightly curfews and pico y cedula, appears to finally be reducing their daily new infections.

 

Joke of the day

I changed my iPod's name to Titanic.  It's syncing now.  

1 comment:

  1. Terry, do you still get discount coupons when you recycle your bottles and other stuff at the machine?
    Jack W

    ReplyDelete