Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:15am, again at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to the mall. First, I recycled a couple Coke bottles then went down to Habia Una Vez. I had a small coffee while waiting for Jose and he soon arrived. I remembered to ask him to ask Maria for the contact information for a (several) furniture store(s) in El Retiro. We’re looking to replace our bed, which is really just a frame supporting a mattress, with a real bed. I had the complete breakfast and Jose had coffee and a pastry. We went upstairs about 9am.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I held him off for 41 moves before resigning.

For lunch he had a sandwich combo from Q’Bano and I had a bowl of frijoles, rice and a bottle of water.

In the 2nd game I played a different line of the English opening (thanks Juan Castro) and I had pressure on him for most of the game. He made a comeback and we went into the endgame basically even. He made 2 inferior moves in a row and he resigned just before being checkmated on the 62nd move.

He left and I went downstairs where I had a café con leche at Todo Fresa. I received a Whatsapp message from an unknown number and as soon as I blocked it I realized it was telling me that my sandals were repaired and ready for pickup. Oops! I’ll have to see if there’s some way to unblock a number if I don’t even remember what it is.

I accepted a draw against Michael, which I was losing earlier, reducing my rating to 1465.

After my coffee I made a visit to the shoe repair shop and she gave me my sandals without a receipt (I have no idea where I put it). The “strap” looked like new.

I looked for a specific salad dressing in Exito but a muchacho said they don’t have it. I returned to the apt via taxi.

Teresa requested fried chicken for supper so I made the usual order from Frisby using Rappi. When the app said he was on his way to our apt I walked down to the portero. I was surprised how long I waited until I realized it came from Viva Envigado instead of Villa Grande and it came by bicycle instead of motorcycle. Still, I tipped him the same – 5mil – in addition to the 4,900-peso delivery charge.

I tried on the sandal with the new strap and it’s wider than the original which irritates the area between my toes. I’ll have to “break them in” or in time maybe I will get a little callous between my toes.

Teresa told me it’s pouring outside. I went out on the balcony and reached my hand out and wasn’t sure if I felt a drop or two or not. I looked at Exito’s sign and thought I saw rain falling but not what I would call a downpour. Strange!

 

The US has 27,661,435 ð 27,704,082 ð 27,768,334 coronavirus cases with 484,600+ ð 485,400+ ð 486,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,195,039 ð 2,198,549 ð 2,202,598 cases with 57,605 ð 57,786 ð 57,949 deaths. Medellin has 188,271 ð 188,599 ð 188,906 cases, an increase of 306 from February 15th to 16th. Envigado has a total of 17,002 cases, an increase of 12 from February 15th to 16th.

 

Joke of the day

When she saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she'd dye.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Terry, I'd be willing to bet that if you were to take those sandals back to the zapatero and nicely explain the problem that you're having with them that he'd be able to fix that strap while you wait.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete