Thursday, February 4, 2021

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

One of my readers asked, “What to you think a burger of the quality you make at home would cost eating out?? What do you think your cost making them is? I am just curious.....during this lockdown I get bored.” All I can tell you at this time is that a package of 8 Angus patties from Pricesmart cost me 78mil.

I left the apt in rain-threatening weather. I met Marcos at his porteria where I gifted him my September Readers Digest. We walked to Parque Envigado where he went inside Exito to pay his health insurance. He was very frustrated to find out they couldn’t find him in their system. He told me he’s been trying to pay for a few days now. We walked back to La Buena Mesa where we found Parva hadn’t yet opened so we went on to Los Portenos for coffee. I had been wondering what time the nextdoor AlfaMore café opens and I saw it wasn’t even open yet this morning. Behind us, last time we sat here, there was construction in a nearby ground floor apt and now I can see it’s set up like some type of medical office.

Marcos returned to his apt, I backtracked to Parva where I bought a pan sano then stopped at the small grocery store where I bought 3 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

At 9:30 Teresa left for a yoga class.

My brother sent me a screenshot of a round-trip ticket between Chicago and Medellin for $314.

Teresa talked to Laura and then reported to me. The only thing I understood was accident, car, total, and rock. I hope she didn’t total her car; that would have been a large rock. Later Teresa said $200 and showed me a photo Laura sent with a large welt on her thigh so she hit something.

I finished watching Groundhog Day (IMDB 8.0). I sort of watched Finding ‘Ohana which was more of a children’s movie and I started The Dig which is pretty good.

Nobraskja texted me that I have a package to be delivered for a charge of 98,300 pesos. I made arrangements then left 100mil in an envelope with the portero.

Today we tied in parcheesi 2 games to 2.

The portero called about 6:45 and Teresa said I need to go down and speak to the delivery man. It appears the only problem was he thought I also had a package to send.

My package included a 300-piece jigsaw puzzle, a new facemask, a bottle of Tums, and 3 notebooks for recording chess games. I also received my February Readers Digest and my Social Security benefit statement.

I lost 8 points when Michael accepted my offer of a draw.


The US has 26,261,703 ð 26,401,588 ð 26,533,428 coronavirus cases with 442,000+ ð 444,900+ ð 448,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,104,506 ð 2,114,597 ð 2,125,622 cases with 54,272 ð 54,576 ð 54,877 deaths. Medellin has 183,164 ð 183,638 ð 184,154 cases, an increase of 516 from February 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has a total of 16,595 cases, an increase of 32 from February 2nd to 3rd.


Joke of the day

This girl today said she recognized me from the Vegetarians Club, but I'd swear I've never met herbivore.  

1 comment:

  1. Marcos probably needs to call for updated info for EPS, I.e., PIN

    ReplyDelete