Monday, February 22, 2021

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30 at the same time some guys nearby were singing, got up once at 4am guys were still occasionally singing, fireworks went off at 4:55, finally got up at 6:45.

At 7:45 it was only 64 degrees with 100% humidity and felt like it could rain soon.

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn and Bianca at the usual bus stop. This time we got off a block early and walked 3 blocks west to Sweet Georgia restaurant. It had lots of open space and seating inside but Glenn didn’t like that there were no tables outside so we continued on to Ganso y Castor where we had our usual breakfast. He ordered scrambled eggs and a bagel and it came with bacon instead of a bagel. (Must be his accent, Lol.) I had my usual acai berries with granola, fruit and Greek yogurt.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado and they got out at Jumbo and I went on to Viva Envigado. I had a café con leche at Todo Fresa. When I left, I bought another small bottle of antibacterial gel and 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt by taxi.

We had noticed that we could no longer order from McDonald’s using the Rappi app so I walked the 2 blocks to their restaurant. I ordered a Big Mac combo then asked a manager for help with home delivery. (I see employees in various t-shirt colors – light blue, dark blue, green, pink and grey.) She gave me a flyer that said that starting in 2021 their delivery service would be exclusively using the ifood app. I downloaded it and had difficulty getting it to accept my phone number. The manager looked at it and told me it’s in Portuguese. (No wonder I had difficulties.) She downloaded a different app and I thought everything was now set but I looked for, but couldn’t find, McDonald’s. I flagged her down again and we looked at several ifood apps. I suggested we look for one like on the brochure that looks like a smiling arrow underneath the word “ifood”. She found it, we downloaded it, and I found McDonald’s in the list. (I understand I enter my apt location the first time I order, so we’ll see.)

I walked back to the apt and Teresa soon returned about 2:45.

I won another game against Nejcik and increased my rating a point to 1472.

Another day where we barely hit 80 degrees.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 2 games to 0.

Another tough decision what to order for supper. I suggested Chiclayo but couldn’t find it on any of my 3 delivery apps. I googled it and found they have delivery but they close at 4pm on Sundays. Teresa finally decided she wanted a chicken sandwich from McDonald’s. I had a difficult time setting up my first order. It didn’t want to accept my debit card and I had difficulty changing it back to cash. Then it wouldn’t accept my cedula number so I used Teresa’s. Then I couldn’t figure out how to continue – the equivalent of hitting “enter”. Finally, it accepted my order and it was delivered in 15 minutes, 5 minutes earlier than estimated. I tipped the delivery boy 6 mil. It’s amazing how appreciative they are over a $2 tip.

The problem with the order was Teresa was supposed to receive a 2-patty chicken sandwich but instead it was a Signature (beef) sandwich. Sigh!

 

The US has 27,974,538 ð 28,055,472 ð 28,121,042 coronavirus cases with 494,000+ ð 496,300+ ð 498,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,217,001 ð 2,222,018 ð 2,226,262 cases with 58,511 ð 58,685 ð 58,834 deaths. Medellin has 189,939 ð 190,475 ð 190,928 cases, an increase of 451 from February 20th to 21st. Envigado has a total of 17,194 cases, an increase of 31 from February 20th to 21st.

 

Joke of the day

When chemists die, they barium.

No comments:

Post a Comment