Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Monday, October 5, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:30, got up at 3am, read for 30 minutes, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 1,071 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 6 hours and 51 minutes for a sleep score of 78 and a sleep efficiency of 80%.

Today is Teresa’s birthday. Happy Birthday Teresa!

Teresa left at 7am for her gym class and when she returned at 8:15 she made my breakfast.

Well, now that I “fixed” the ice maker it’s not making ice any longer. ☹ I keep turning the switch on and off and resetting the ice basket but so far nothing works.

I left for Smartfit at 9am and found it not very busy. I ran into Michael from Australia. He’s planning on staying in Envigado until Christmas then take a trip to Peru and Brazil. He’s still trying to decide where to set up roots. I added 5# to the Triceps Press, Seated Row, Abdominal Crunch, Lat Pulldown, Chest Press, Back Extension, and Shoulder press machines. I also completed 10 minutes on the treadmill but the heartrate monitor wasn’t working.

I see the new restaurant in the old Ganso y Castor location is called Blue Smash Burger.




I had a latte in Los Porteños and met a guy named Jan visiting from Switzerland.

This bird, popular here, was looking for a handout.



I left at 11am and returned to the apt.

I was contacted by Innovation Corp that my (expected) package arrived and I asked them to release everything in my locker.

Well, I’ve finally got MagicJack working again. 😊

Teresa sent me to the porteria and the portero handed me a beautiful vase of flowers for Teresa.


The temperature was 87 degrees when I left the apt in my shorts, sleeveless t-shirt and sandals at 1:45pm. I stopped at the Gana kiosk to pay the Movistar bill but they were temporarily out of service. I continued on to La Casona mall and stopped at Envios Market where I sent my midterm ballot to Chicago via Fed-Ex for 185,000 pesos ($58).

Across the street I had a limonada de coco in Gardenia (trying to avoid caffeine before my game tomorrow).

I completed another 12 chess puzzles but got 6 of them wrong. ☹ I played a 15’/10” second game, winning in 58 moves.

Chesswiz98 resigned our game increasing my rating to 1561.

About 3:30 a downpour started and the temperature dropped and eventually I had to move inside.

About 4:30 the rain lessened so I made my way back to the apt, dodging puddles in my sandals, arriving wet and cold.

I tracked the White Sox defeat the Cleveland Guardians 4-3 on my cellphone. Amazingly, they have yet to lose a playoff game. Now the series moves from Cleveland to Chicago.

I watched another episode of Seal Team on Netflix then some of The Chris Hayes Show before starting my pre-sleep routine.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

JOKE OF THE DAY


A group of 15-year old boys discussed where they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Dairy Queen next to the Ocean View restaurant because

they only had $6.00 between them, they could ride their bikes there, and they might see that cute girl from their English class.

Ten years later, the group of 25-year-old guys discussed where they should
meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant
because the beer was cheap, they had free snacks, the band was good, there
was no cover charge and there were lots of cute girls.

Ten years later, at 35 years of age, the group once again discussed where
they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the booze was good, it was right near the gym and if they went late enough there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

Ten years later, at 45 years of age, the group once again discussed where
they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the martinis were big, and the waitresses had nice boobs and wore tight pants.

Ten years later, at 55 years of age, the group once again discussed where
they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the prices were reasonable, the wine list was good and fish is good for your cholesterol.

Ten years later, at 65 years of age, the group once again discussed where
they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the lighting was good and they have an early bird special.

Ten years later, at 75 years of age, the group once again discussed where
they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the food wasn’t too spicy, and the restaurant was handicap accessible.

Ten years later, at 85 years of age, the group once again discussed where
they should meet for dinner. They agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because they had never been there before.



No comments:

Post a Comment