Thursday, October 1, 2026

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 5,227 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 8 hours and 24 minutes for a sleep score of 85.

Teresa informed me she’s going to have coffee with Rosemary after gym this morning then she’ll take a bus to Santafe Mall where we’ll meet for lunch between 1 and 1:30.

Thirty minutes later she informed me that Rosemary is not feeling well today so we’re back to our usual lunch in Mayorca.

I took a nap after breakfast but messed up the alarm and I didn’t wake up until after 9am. I left the apt just before 9:30 and found Smartfit not so busy. Hmm, maybe I’ve discovered something. I should arrive at the gym at 9am on Mondays and Fridays but closer to 9:30 on Wednesdays. I completed my workout including 10 minutes on the treadmill with a final heartrate of 123bpm.

Walking to La Buena Mesa I see they are starting to bury the pipes under the street.



While having a latte outside Los Porteños another person fell off the patio but didn’t appear to hurt herself. I received this email from NewInChess which explains why I haven’t received the books I ordered.



I left at 11am and stopped at the Bancolombia kiosk to print yesterday’s games and my midterm vote.

Ah, it was nice to take a shower again instead of a modified sponge bath with a washcloth (see Joan, they do come in handy). I don’t need a hot bath but I certainly can’t shower in freezing cold water.

Right now, someone nearby is playing Sounds of Silence on a trumpet. 😊

I left the apt at noon and took a Didi to Mayorca mall. We had to take a detour because the southbound lane is closed for work on the new bridge.

I met Teresa in Parmessano where she had her usual salmon and I my usual Cesar salad. A gringo seated at the next table was from Houston here on business but he leaves tonight.

We took a taxi back to Envigado and Teresa got out down the hill from her cultural center and I got out down the street from Los Portenos where I had a latte for a few hours. I worked on another sheet of 12 chess puzzles getting 3 of them wrong.

I left at 5pm and returned to the apt.

This is Annie James at her swim lesson. I think this is the first time they put their face in the water.



Judging from her reaction I’m not sure it went over too well.



On my cellphone I tracked the Chicago White Sox defeating the Houston Astros 7-3 to win the American League Wild Card Round.

We had a downpour in the evening that lasted a few hours.

I watched another episode of Seal Team on Netflix.

The rain stopped by the time I went to bed.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

FUNNY



 

No comments:

Post a Comment